No announcement yet.

Sergio edged it tbh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio edged it tbh

Won by a point IMHO. Sergio did what greats do he dug deep and pulled out the last 2 rounds. Don't call it a :cry: robbery :cry:

it was a close fight, I wouldn't have been mad if Murray won

Comment

he aint edged shit.

He lost.

Murray taxed that ass.

Chavez jr Ruined that Guy, did you guys hear he still has to undergo more surgery from the damage he took in the chavez fight.

Hes DONE!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Smooth View Post
        Won by a point IMHO. Sergio did what greats do he dug deep and pulled out the last 2 rounds. Don't call it a :cry: robbery :cry:
        It appears that the judges scoring the Martinez-Murray fight took some "notes" from the judges scoring the Trout-Canelo bout.

A score of 115-112 is far too huge of a margin in favor of Martinez!

To add, the knockdown that wasn't counted, which appeared to be a slip at first, wasn't overturned DESPITE the usage of instant replay by officials.

On another note, as a fan of Martinez, it appears that he is almost officially over-the-hill. His speed has decreased substantially. His power has also looked lackluster as well in his last couple of bouts.

I had Martinez winning by 1 point, but given the instant replay, I believe I would have probably scored the fight for Murray.

A rematch is in order to rectify any issues...

Comment

Murray outlanded him in at least 8 rounds, landed the cleaner more hurtful punches and had a legitimate KD scratch off.

Comment

Originally posted by The Evil 1-2 View Post
            It appears that the judges scoring the Martinez-Murray fight took some "notes" from the judges scoring the Trout-Canelo bout.

A score of 115-112 is far too huge of a margin in favor of Martinez!

To add, the knockdown that wasn't counted, which appeared to be a slip at first, wasn't overturned DESPITE the usage of instant replay by officials.

On another note, as a fan of Martinez, it appears that he is almost officially over-the-hill. His speed has decreased substantially. His power has also looked lackluster as well in his last couple of bouts.

I had Martinez winning by 1 point, but given the instant replay, I believe I would have probably scored the fight for Murray.

A rematch is in order to rectify any issues...
            How can 115-112 be a huge margin, when it's only one round different to you must have scored it? I agree it was probably a 1 point win for Martinez and no better, but one round isn't a huge difference. That's a bit of an exaggeration.

I have to agree though, he didn't look the same. I still think he looks fast, but obviously not as fast. I think the power is due to hand injuries. He hurt it against Chavez Jr and said in the corner this fight that he'd hurt it. Add it to the knee injury and his age, it may be nearing the end for him.

All credit to Murray though. The guy fought a great fight, and I wouldn't have argued had he been given the nod.

Not a robbery, but a seriously close fight that could go either way. I wouldn't blame Murray if he demanded a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by BudHeavy View Post
              he aint edged shit.

He lost.

Murray taxed that ass.

Chavez jr Ruined that Guy, did you guys hear he still has to undergo more surgery from the damage he took in the chavez fight.

Hes DONE!
              lol you have never had a credible comment in any thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BudHeavy View Post
                he aint edged shit.

He lost.

Murray taxed that ass.

Hes DONE!
                maybe Floyd will have the guts to fight him now

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                  How can 115-112 be a huge margin, when it's only one round different to you must have scored it? I agree it was probably a 1 point win for Martinez and no better, but one round isn't a huge difference. That's a bit of an exaggeration.

I have to agree though, he didn't look the same. I still think he looks fast, but obviously not as fast. I think the power is due to hand injuries. He hurt it against Chavez Jr and said in the corner this fight that he'd hurt it. Add it to the knee injury and his age, it may be nearing the end for him.

All credit to Murray though. The guy fought a great fight, and I wouldn't have argued had he been given the nod.

Not a robbery, but a seriously close fight that could go either way. I wouldn't blame Murray if he demanded a rematch.
                  It wasn't only the 3 point margin. You have to also consider that instant replay was used and YET, the 2nd KD by Murray still wasn't counted. You could argue that Sergio slipped, but nonetheless, a punched landed on the ear if I remember it correctly. I'm a fan of Maravilla, but you have to call it how it is...

Comment

I am a huge Martinez fan, but he looked like he lost all of his mobility and timing in that match. Often times, he looked like he was trying to find a way out. I don't remember Martinez ever complaining that much about fouls.

I honestly hope he hangs up the gloves, because he's looking like he could be seriously damaged and hurt in his next bout.

Comment

Working...
                    X