Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler-Magee. Promo-vid, quotes and info.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler-Magee. Promo-vid, quotes and info.

On saturday Brian Magee defends his regular WBA belt against former 4-time alphabet champion Mikkel Kessler in Herning, Denmark.

Andre Ward is the WBA SUPER champion and he has to defend that title against the winner before May 2013.

A cool promo:

http://

This is Brian Magee's third trip to Denmark having KO'ed local favourites Mads Larsen and Rudy Markussen. These wins have earned the native from Northern Ireland the nickname "The Danekiller" and he hopes to make it three in a row against Kessler.

"The nickname is cool and pretty funny" Magee says. He feels that he is the most hated man in Denmark and he expects a ferocious crowd:

"If you are just a casual boxing fan, you know that Denmark is a very special place to fight. The danes are fantastic in their support for the local fighter and they are very vocal. It does not intimidate me though. It turns me on.

As a footballplayer I'd think you'd love to play on Old Trafford or Camp Nou. It the same for me. The biggest arenas brings out the best in me. I can hardly wait untill saturday."

Mikkel Kessler has discussed the fight with Magee victims Larsen and Markussen:

"It is difficult to use those fights in my preparations. Markussen was ill prepared and Larsen fought with a bad elbowinjury.

I will take it easy from the start and see what he brings. If he comes with some rough stuff, I am prepared", Kessler says.

Kessler has changed his training regimen before this fight so instead of working out twice a day, he has often only worked out once but with higher intensity.

Kessler's resting heart rate is at a staggering low of only 33 beats per minute. The lowest I ever heard of was that of former 5-time Tour De France winner Miguel Indurrain with a close to death 28 BPM.

Source: Various danish media including sporten.dk, lionheart-boxing.dk and ekstrabladet.dk

Kessler and trainer Jimmy Montoya:

Brian Magee training an Andre Ward combo (lol):

Comment

Comment

I see Kess and Magee are having the same hair problems I'm going through as I get older. Too bad they haven't a true PED for that.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          I see Kess and Magee are having the same hair problems I'm going through as I get older. Too bad they haven't a true PED for that.
          If you find one, let me know ok?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            If you find one, let me know ok?
            will do.

Comment

Entrance last time in Herning vs. Carl Froch:

Comment

Magee's last fight in Denmark vs. Rudy Markussen. The finishing punch is a beauty (2:10):

Comment

Kalle Sauerland is expecting a sell-out on saturday. 9,000 tickets of the 11,000 available has been sold.

Comment

two classy guys, Kessler most likely wins but Magee is better than people think, might be a struggle

Comment

Working...
                    X