Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody moved abroad/Worked abroad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to live in Germany for 2 years when I was like 11years old or so because my Dad was in the RAF. So I can't give you that many tips, but a huge help is to have some basic grasp of the language of the country you're living in. It's such a help, even when I was younger it was easier to get things done, and I can't speak German that well (or at all now!). Oh and know the culture as well, that even helps on holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
      Nice!

Last couple of questions

Did you get a job before you went there?

Did you take much money to start with?

I want to do it before I buy a house and get stuck in ****ty England.
      Nope, I managed to find work when I got there. I took about £2500 with me, which I spent most of within the first couple of months . For a big city accommodation is fairly cheap (at least compared to here). You can find shared houses in nice parts of the town for about £200 a month or something.

Comment

I emigrated from Manchester, England to Toronto Canada and I never looked back. I just got back from a run along the lake and returned in one of our two cars to my three bedroomed semi-detached starter home five minutes away from the country park.

So... to get here legally you have to be sponsored by a company or come over for educational purposes. You also have to be below a certain age to get a temporary exchange visa.

Or you can work illegally in Canada as a six month visitor and get paid under the table... there is no visa required to get to Canada.

Anyway it's awesome here.

Comment

I'm not a freebird, just bound to my Domain.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
          X