Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking News! Cotto's strap up for grabs by Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao is not going to beat Cotto so I really dont care. Im a fan of Cotto but he does not pay my bill. so ill be glad with just watching the fight i dont care if he wins or lose

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      If he wants the belt then fight at the right weight, 147. Pacquaio is not bigger than the sport, special rules are not owed to him. Man up and make the fight at 147 if you want the belt.
      What special rules stupid? This are the rules, 147 is only the UPPER limit so there is absolutely no problem with the weight. The only reason for 145 is to prevent Cotto INFLATING to 160+ pounds which Pacquiao cannot do and thus we'd have 146 pound Pacquiao vs 160 pound Cotto. This is more than fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
        What special rules stupid? This are the rules, 147 is only the UPPER limit so there is absolutely no problem with the weight. The only reason for 145 is to prevent Cotto INFLATING to 160+ pounds which Pacquiao cannot do and thus we'd have 146 pound Pacquiao vs 160 pound Cotto. This is more than fair.
        So it is not ok for Cotto to weight in at 147 and the come in the ring at 160 but it ok for Pacman to weight in at 134 and come in at 147. look at my sig

Comment

If he wants the belt then fight at the right weight, 147. Pacquaio is not bigger than the sport, special rules are not owed to him. Man up and make the fight at 147 if you want the belt.
          Define welterweight for me, genius.

On his own...
          Cotto repeatedly OFFERED to fight Pac at 145 months ago.
          Pac's trainer wanted a ridiculous 142-143, but Cotto wouldn't budge.
          Pac caved to Cotto on the weight issue, and as a result, this
          fight will be held in the upper half of the welterweight range.

The WBO prexy has stated the strap will be at stake, period.

Cotto isn't bitching about any of this:
          He got exactly what he wanted, and he's rightfully confident that
          he can clean out little Pac's clock..... and yet:

Those of you gargling Miguel's nutsack are more concerned
          about covering for a possible loss to Pacman, than possessing
          a minimum of knowledge about boxing.

Ignorant cocksuckers...

h.

Comment

141-147 is considered welterweight. While I do not really agree with Cotto's belt being on the line, to say a fight at 145 should not be for a welterweight title is simply not true considering that Cotto weighed in at 146 his last fight. He won't be drained, it's at a welterweight weight, what's the big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
              tell me, in what division is 145?
              WW??

i remember Buffer talking....."the WW champion from 141 to 147...."

lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                Wow, simply wow. Yes, the rules are that 147 is the max weight so if they are fighting for that belt why shouldn't Cotto be allowed to weigh that at the weigh in? If you are going to fight for a strap that allows you to weigh up to 147 you should be allowed to weigh 147, not 145 lbs. No special rules for your boy. Get in the ring and get your ass beat!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  141-147 is considered welterweight. While I do not really agree with Cotto's belt being on the line, to say a fight at 145 should not be for a welterweight title is simply not true considering that Cotto weighed in at 146 his last fight. He won't be drained, it's at a welterweight weight, what's the big deal?
                  The fight wasn't a catch weight though. Miguel could of came in at 147 and had the security of knowing that he wouldn't have to strain to make that weight. If Manny wants the belt he needs to allow the fight to be fought at its rightful weight.

Comment

Wow, simply wow. Yes, the rules are that 147 is the max weight so if they are fighting for that belt why shouldn't Cotto be allowed to weigh that at the weigh in? If you are going to fight for a strap that allows you to weigh up to 147 you should be allowed to weigh 147, not 145 lbs. No special rules for your boy. Get in the ring and get your ass beat!
                    It was Cotto himself who offered to fight Pac at 145, unprompted.
                    This was months ago. Nobody's holding him back on weight.
                    It's his own hand at work.

If Cotto'd been negotiatd into a stip weight lower than he'd wanted,
                    then maybe you'd have a case. Right now, you're just being a tool.

h.
                    Last edited by horge; 07-25-2009, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
                      miguel is getting $15m for this fight. how much more does he want?
                      im going to put it easy for you..

he wants to make the most of it..

Just like pac, thats why he demanded more money to fight him @ 145...

its the very same ****...

the belt will be on the line... and arum is gonna have to pay cotto more....

how much more... dont know.. but he will get it.. just like pac did.. hes doing the same...

Comment

Working...
                      X