Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather will never have a GREAT win......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is drug testing considered a road block if only one fighter doesn't want to do it?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
      Dude, you don't have to take my word for it. You only have to go out there in the streets and conduct a random survey. The fight will happen at 50/50. That's fair to most people. As popular as Pacquiao is, you gotta be an idiot to make him accept something like 80/20, which is the equivalent of a flat offer minus PPV. If I were you I would just assume that Floyd doesn't want it. If he did, this fight would have happened a long time ago. It's clear that Floyd has zero interest in beating Pac and prove himself he's the best. Let's just leave it at that.
      I didn't ask about a possible manny/floyd fight, I asked, and you still haven't answered, why your definition of roadblock shifts when its manny and when its floyd? why can't you answer that question?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        I didn't ask about a possible manny/floyd fight, I asked, and you still haven't answered, why your definition of roadblock shifts when its manny and when its floyd? why can't you answer that question?
        I thought I already did. You were making a wrong analogy. JMM roadblocked the first negotiations in the rematch, not Pacquiao. He wanted the bigger purse, Pac wanted it even. Where is the Pac roadblock you were talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
          I thought I already did. You were making a wrong analogy. JMM roadblocked the first negotiations in the rematch, not Pacquiao. He wanted the bigger purse, Pac wanted it even. Where is the Pac roadblock you were talking about?
          We both know that isn't true about the rematch.

Floyd wanted it even with random ost for both fighters, manny refused. Yet you say floyd is roadblocking. wouldn't manny be roadblocking just like you said JMM was?

Manny made a crap offer. JMM turned it down. WHen he did, you said it was JMM roadblocking. Yet when manny turned down floyd's no ppv offer, you said floyd was roadblocking. wouldn't manny be roadblocking just like you said JMM was?

Why the shift in definition of roadblock?

Comment

Floyd wanted it even with random ost for both fighters, manny refused. Yet you say floyd is roadblocking. wouldn't manny be roadblocking just like you said JMM was?

Manny made a crap offer. JMM turned it down. WHen he did, you said it was JMM roadblocking. Yet when manny turned down floyd's no ppv offer, you said floyd was roadblocking. wouldn't manny be roadblocking just like you said JMM was?

You're trying to get a straight answer out of a member of a group whose main character trait is intellectual dishonesty. Good Luck!

Comment

Manny probably had a few thousand pesos in his Philippine bank account at that time, hehe... How can he even offer anyone anything at that time? Like I said nobody calls the shots at that time, not even Pac's manager. JMM was trying to call the shots claiming he's the title holder. He still hasn't realized at that time that he can't even attract flies, and he needs someone like Pac. Hehe... So stop this nonsense. Hehe...

Comment

• floyd has been avoiding fighters at their prime , he should fight manny and stop putting roadblocks , this should put an end to all the arguments

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Agree with all that.

However, don't you think it's odd FMJ could take on the best at their best in the first half of his career yet not in the second when everyone wants to fight him?

It's whatever, but in discussions about legacy these things are going to come up.

As fight fans we know the guys who are ready to take on almost anyone at their best, the likes of Froch, Cotto and Marquez etc.
                  who were these fighters?cotto never made it seem like he wanted to fight floyd and did mosley not turn down a fight with floyd at one point?when was cotto at his best because after he beat judah alot of people still didn't think he was elite and even his team felt like he needed atleast another big fight which was the mosley fight

Comment

• Originally posted by PiXelElite View Post
                    Floyd is a very smart fighter... he knows when is the best time to take a fight. For example, when floyd beat Hatton he was asked by Larry Merchant "are you interested in fighting Cotto a young undefeated lion?" Floyd instantly said "Im not calling out no welterweights.. Im retiring"... "boxing is not going to retire me, Ill retire from boxing 1st". He waited till the welterweight division cleaned itself out & came back... fighting Cotto 5 years later after being in alot of wars is an easy pick.
                    befor floyd beat ricky he was already saying he was going to retire if you don't remember you can go watch the fight and you can hear the commentators talking about it during the fight and once floyd retired cotto had 3 fights margarito,jennings and clottey the margarito and clottey fights were tough fights but not the jennings fight but even then the man who fought cotto off of these wars that took so much out of him was pacquiao and if i'm not mistaken margarito had already loss to williams so how did he wait for the ww division to clean itself out when everyone had already loss except for miguel when floyd retired and miguel loss a couple months after floyd retired

Comment

• Pac has slowed down, so I would assume Floyd would be ready for Pac when he comes out of jail.

Comment

Working...
                      X