No announcement yet.

Pavlik Threatening to pull out of Saturdays fight due to dispute with Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medved View Post
    Peanuts? Very few fighters make above 1m. Pavlik is worth 250-500k MAXIMUM, he hasnt done crap.

And Kessler rejected 3.5m because he makes alot more fighting infront of his home crowd, dude can bring atleast 20-30k in his home country.

Kelly can bring 2000 Youngstown fans only. He hasnt done anything in 3 years. Dude should be happy to accept 1.2m, who does he think he is?

Lol @ Lowball offer, either you fight or you dont, Bute is the only draw in a Bute-Pavlik fight, yet you want them to make the same?

Bute can do 20-30k in Montreal OR Romania.

and just because a gate grosses 5m doesnt mean fighters split it 50/50.

Theres rent,promoters,staff,expenses,etc,etc ,etc.

1.2m for Pavlik is OVERPAYING. He doesnt bring anything to the table, no belt, very few fans will come to see him and his stock isnt what it used to be.

He is a total idiot for rejecting this, not only will he not get paid for this fight (prolly like 100k) but he missing a 1.2m payday.

So lets do some math 100k + 1.2m = 1.3m in your bank account

Sitting home this friday = 0m + not fighting Bute = 0m hmmmm
    let me do this straight 0 + 0 = 0

So 0 > 1.3m?

Whitetrash Math!
    Bute-Pavlik is a big fight. The biggest of Bute's career and a fight that will bring him recognition in the US. Offering just about the same as Magee is just laugable IMO.

Comment

statemen from top rank...

"Top Rank is very disappointed at Kelly's sudden decision to discontinue the rebuilding of his boxing career," said Todd duBoef, president of Top Rank, Pavlik's promoter. "Kelly's team specifically outlined a strategy for Kelly to return to the ring in an effective fashion. Kelly's team gave us their objectives and we set them on a course, which began last May with Kelly's fight against Alfonso Lopez and was to continue on Saturday against Darryl Cunningham. It seems Kelly has derailed this plan."

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
        Kelly Pavlik has threatened to pull out of Saturday's fight against Darryl Cunningham over the offer he received to face IBF super middleweight titleholder Lucian Bute in his next fight, RingTV.com has learned.

A source familiar with the negotiations said Pavlik (36-2, 32 knockouts) is upset because he has been offered far less by his promotion frim, Top Rank, than Mikkel Kessler was offered to face Bute. Kessler turned down the offer.

"Kelly had heard that Kessler was being offered something like $3.5 million, and that he turned that down. So Kelly wasn't really happy with the $1.1 million that Top Rank was offering him," the source said on Tuesday, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

"So I would say that right now, I don't think that (Saturday's) fight's going to happen. Unless, of course, Top Rank comes back with something (better)."

Pavlik, the former middleweight champion, pulled out of a fight with Paul Williams last year because of a staph infection in his hand.

"This had nothing to do with an injury," the source said.

Showtime is scheduled to televise the Pavlik-Cunningham fight.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/rumors...-wekends-show-
        Very upsetting, after catching the E60 program, I was looking forward to this guy rejuvenating himself, and now...smh. If this is true, we're all thinking the same question, what have you done that makes you think you deserve a bigger payday, let alone one as large as 1.1, and then you have the nerve to turn it down.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Bute-Pavlik is a big fight. The biggest of Bute's career and a fight that will bring him recognition in the US. Offering just about the same as Magee is just laugable IMO.
          What's laughable to me is that you spent weeks saying Interbox made a lowball offer to Kessler, and now that a neutral party involved in the game says the offer was 3.5M, you don't talk about it anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Taranazan View Post
            What's laughable to me is that you spent weeks saying Interbox made a lowball offer to Kessler, and now that a neutral party involved in the game says the offer was 3.5M, you don't talk about it anymore...
            3½M is still lowball, even if they did offer that. That fight would give close to 10M in revenue.

Comment

3½M is still lowball, even if they did offer that. That fight would give close to 10M in revenue.
              I'd like to hear how they get 10M revenue... I can't see it unless I vastly underestimate Euro TV money. But since it would be during the night in Europe, I doubt they would be giving that much money.

Comment

You think 3.5M isnt a good offer for Kessler to fight Bute?

Comment

Originally posted by Taranazan View Post
                  I'd like to hear how they get 10M revenue... I can't see it unless I vastly underestimate Euro TV money. But since it would be during the night in Europe, I doubt they would be giving that much money.
                  Here's a, by nature, rough estimate. Feel free to expand if you have any relevant info:

2½M from Showtime (US rights)
                  2M from Canadian PPV (rough estimate)
                  1M from danish PPV
                  1M from other territories such as UK, eastern europe. (Rough estimate)
                  3M from the gate (might be more)
                  ½M Sitefee from stadium (german stadiums pay for a klitfight). ROugh estimate.

I probably/likely are missing out on some parts, but I think I'm in the ballpark and surely the visiting fighter in a Bute-Kessler showdown should have the lions share. Something like a 60/40 split in favour of the visiting fighter seems fair to me.

Comment

Here's a, by nature, rough estimate. Feel free to expand if you have any relevant info:

2½M from Showtime (US rights).......No way
                    2M from Canadian PPV (rough estimate).....Yes, Maybe
                    1M from danish PPV ..........Yep..
                    1M from other territories such as UK, eastern europe. (Rough estimate)..not UK but maybe romania yes..
                    3M from the gate (might be more)...........Lol you must be joking..
                    ½M Sitefee from stadium (german stadiums pay for a klitfight). ROugh estimate.

I probably/likely are missing out on some parts, but I think I'm in the ballpark and surely the visiting fighter in a Bute-Kessler showdown should have the lions share. Something like a 60/40 split in favour of the visiting fighter seems fair to me.
                    Sorry but you overestimate everything here, no way is showtime paying 2 and a half, no way UK are paying anything to show the fight, and no way would the live gate be 3M....

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Sorry but you overestimate everything here, no way is showtime paying 2 and a half, no way UK are paying anything to show the fight, and no way would the live gate be 3M....
                      Showtime is giving Bute 6M for a three fight deal. Surely Kessler is worth more than average.

Gate: 30K people at an average of 100 USD doesnt sound that far off to me.

1M from the UK, eastern Europe and elsewhere? Maybe a bit too high.

Comment

Working...
                      X