No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: We Expect Canelo To Defend Against Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
    Hallelujah Brother! Let there be light shined down on the darkness that is GBP boxing. Let the fans rejoice, the savior s here.

Canelo is a wrotten vagina, and it's time to be cleansed of this CW scourge.

Seriously though, I can't find any instance on a mandatory bring forced down in weight.

They came down a few pounds. Canelo is tying to go to where only he can likely safely go.

If Canelo was saying 158, I doubt anyone would care much.

First off, those were not mandatory situations.

Second, Oscar was never a MW sized fighter. Canelo is.

Third, The CW was litterally at 158. Not 155. Sure, B-hop came in lighterduring weigh in, but De La Hoya didn't have the weight to make a difference.

Canelo will be the heavier fighter.

Team Hypekin totally refused to negotiate, you pom-pom waving fool.

Grow up clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
      It is middlweight sheep shagger....160.159,158,157,156,155,154.1 ...Light middleweight is 154,153,152 down to 147....I hope that gets through to you dummy....if it's 155 then he's a middleweight fighting in the middleweight division ....canelo is 155 last time I checked now make sense for gods sake ....what a goon

Then stop whining toilet-man.

If 155 is middleweight, according to you, then Hypekin can fight Canelo at "middleweight"..... right?

155 it is then ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Belts = Money? How's that working for Chocalatito? How's that working for Kell Brook? Tickets and PPVs = Money. Cotto got stripped, but he made A LOT of money! I'm just sayin'
        Kel brook has only defended twice due to taking a long break after getting his leg ripped open.

Chocalatito is a flyweight! But he is still making more money as a world champion than he would have made otherwise.

Cotto is the worst example you could pick if you want to prove that belts mean nothing.

Do you think he would be an idol to PR boxing fans if he hadn't held world titles in 4 different divisions?

If the WBC belt didn't mean anything would he have paid Geale to fight him for it at a catchweight and given GGG nearly a $million step-aside to still be holding that belt while negotiating the purse with Canelo?

The reason Oscar is suing Roc and Cotto right now is that Miguel got a bigger slice of that purse, not because he was Miguel Cotto, but because he was holding the WBC belt during those negotiations.

GGG is in the same division as Canelo, Jacobs, Quillin, BJS and Eubank Jr. You can bet your life that being the WBC champ as well as the WBA and IBF would bring him a lot more money than he would gotten otherwise for fighting any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          Then stop whining toilet-man.

If 155 is middleweight, according to you, then Hypekin can fight Canelo at "middleweight"..... right?

155 it is then ^^
          Not according to the WBC it isn't, and they would be sanctioning the fight, not you or Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            How would he lose out multiple big money fights over the next 2/3 years? You don't think he can beat Canelo at 155 or what?
            Maybe, maybe not. But he's never fought that low in his career before, so it would be a real gamble against an opponent as big and strong as Canelo.

Comment

If they strip Canelo, what does that do for GGG's legacy and his pockets? So you think it's OK to say "I'm the best, I beat Lemieux, Wade, and Billy Joe Saunders!" If I'm GGG, I would rather say "I'm the best, I beat Canelo, Lara, and Andre Ward!" That's just me! The man is 34, time is not on his side.
              Cotto beat Geale faster than GGG....GGG is 34...you're not too good with facts are you?

If they strip Canelo, they get one big step closer to unification. Unification means that anyone who rises at MW will have to face Golovkin. How hard is it for people to see the value in unification? While the Canelo payday would be nice, GGG doesn't NEED the $$$. At this point Canelo refusing to defend his belt at the division weight limit against his mandatory is a clear duck. Take his belt and make him look like a chicken**** and if he's fine not fighting for a title for as long as GGG's champ then so be it. Lara is irrelevant until he steps up and does something at MW (Hello, Danny Jacobs). Never mind the fact that he's barely fought, but Ward hasn't made 168 in years and would outweigh GGG by at least 10lbs in the ring at this point but in some people's eyes Golovkin should take that fight completely on Ward's terms.

To clarify...Canelo who holds the lineal MW title, is mandated by the WBC to fight GGG at MW and normally enters the ring heavier than GGG asks for GGG to come down to 155 at a 90/10 split. GGG says "no thanks"...While Ward's barely gotten in the ring the past few years, can't sell out his hometown, last fought on BET in front of 300k has since moved up to LHW because he can't make 168 easily. He wanted GGG to make a yearlong commitment, take a big weight disadvantage, and give him an even 50/50 split. These sound like good deals to you? Or even acceptable ones?

I think these are both great fights and would love to see them, but if you can't understand why these are nonstarters for GGG, you're just a hater whose emotions are getting the best of your logical side. Why not say what most of the haters really mean - you want to see GGG at such a disadvantage that you think he stands the greatest chance of losing? I'll admit I'm a fan of GGG (I like Canelo and Ward, too) and that some of the fanboyism out there can be pretty obnoxious, but the overreaction in the opposite direction is just getting to be ridiculous. If he decides to take the risk, fine, but to expect him to bend over for everyone when he doesn't have to is a standard no other fighter is asked to live up to.

Ultimately, Golovkin's going to be around for at least another 4 years. We'll see where it all shakes out. That's at least 10 more fights to get names on his resume. I'm not happy that he's fighting Wade next either but I see the value in unification. If at this time next year, he's not fought a Jacobs, Lara, Canelo, Degale, even Ward etc..maybe i'll be done with it. But, as of now, I have a feeling he'll end up closer to ATG status than HYPEJOB.

Comment

Belts = Money? How's that working for Chocalatito? How's that working for Kell Brook? Tickets and PPVs = Money. Cotto got stripped, but he made A LOT of money! I'm just sayin'
                Whores make a lot of money, too. Money can't buy respect and he lost quite a bit of it pretending to be the middleweight champ. If he's happy with that, so be it. I couldn't care less.

So, which is the important one...$$$ or legacy? Or does it only depend on who the fighter is we're talking about here?

Comment

sure he will until u take another step aside fee

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                    Such an ignorant post. Outside of the hardcore fans on this sight most people don't know or care who the majority of title holders are. GGG has been the man at 160 for a while now and his first PPV against another champion bombed big time. Again, the last thing team GGG want to see is the WBC strip Canelo. The only thing they have to cling to now is the fact that he is the mandatory and even that means nothing to Canelo. Ginger will fight who he wants and under what terms he wants and there is nothing a paper title can do for it. Fighting for all those belts means is GGG has to pay multiple sanctioning fees for each fight and that makes no sense when there are no other big money fights available if Canelo doesn't get his terms.
                    If GGG thinks this fight is happening under anything under than Canelo's terms then its best he move on now as that 100% will not happen. GGG and K2 have no leverage and Canelo's popularity is not affected one bit if he is champion or not.
                    Okay, we'll have to wait to see who the ignorant one is. There's at least one fan who's a little disenchanted with Canelo at the moment....

http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-sr...lovkin--101181

You really think he's the only one?

Comment

Why would they have to knock on GGG's door? Is that one belt going to change much? If I can get $500K - $1mil more by fighting Canelo @ 155, why would I fight GGG? Do you think Jacobs would turn down a chance at Canelo? How about Quillen? How about Billy Joe Saunders or Chris Eubank Jr? How about Andy Lee? I don't think any of the Top SWW or MW would turn down a chance to fight Canelo. That's why B-Hop accepted Oscar's demands. That's why Mayweather accepted Oscar's demands. That's why Cotto accepted Pacquiao's demands. Money Talks!
                      I think you misunderstood my reply or I didn't make myself clear enough. I meant that their strategy is to get all the belts not just the WBC, that way if you want to be a champion at 160lbs than you have to knock on GGGs door which gives K2 and GGG a lot of leverage.

I agree that money talks but that shouldn't justify fights not being made. As a true boxing fan I do not succumb to who makes what because it doesn't affect me personally other than it just gives a fighter a scapegoat for not making a fight happen.

Truth is GGG is the king at 160lbs and if you hold a belt at that division as a fighter your goal should be to unify. You can't technically call yourself the champion of the world if 3 others can make the same claim. Why not root for him? Why root for the guy who is only interested in money? As a fan that doesn't do anything for you unless they are breaking bread with you.

Comment

Working...
                      X