No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward to Get Shoulder Surgery, Pavlik Fight Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward to Get Shoulder Surgery, Pavlik Fight Off

Super middleweight champion Andre Ward will cancel his upcoming title defense against Kelly Pavlik and will need surgery to repair an injury to his right shoulder, according to a report.

According to ESPN.com, Cameron Dunkin, Pavlik's manager, learned about the developments from Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, who is Pavlik's promoter.

"Bob called me up and told me the fight was out and said, 'What are we gonna do with Pavlik?' He said [Ward's promoter Dan] Goossen called him and told him that Ward needed shoulder surgery," Dunkin said.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wards a duck

Comment

Damn, Ward's been hurt a lot the past year. He's going to be someone who's probably got 5-6 prime top fights left at the rate he's going.

Comment

Great news for Bute. He'll easily KO Pavlik and in in the aftermath, the boxing world will demand Ward takes his ass kicking or be stripped.

He'll have to pull a Ridduck Bowe if he's gonna continue his ducking of Lucian Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by chitownfightfan View Post
          Great news for Bute. He'll easily KO Pavlik and in in the aftermath, the boxing world will demand Ward takes his ass kicking or be stripped.

He'll have to pull a Ridduck Bowe if he's gonna continue his ducking of Lucian Bute.
          pavlik has a punchers chance against bute.
          butt bute against ward no way. froch showed what happens when bute steps up and fights the elite.
          lucien better stay at home and fight second tiers to retain his glory.

Comment

Bute is nothing more than a STUD MUFFIN! 2 fights against top 5 opponents & his career is over (nice guy thou). Ward proly best in world now that Floyd is older & finally hittable! Brute is Canada's Canelo that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrambo View Post
              Bute is nothing more than a STUD MUFFIN! 2 fights against top 5 opponents & his career is over (nice guy thou). Ward proly best in world now that Floyd is older & finally hittable! Brute is Canada's Canelo that's all.
              you sure brother?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=studmuffin

I do hope injury isn't going prevent Ward from fighting twice in 2013.

Comment

Pavlik vs Bute

Comment

Injury happens in boxing, am sure Pavlik would understand that too.

Comment

If Froch could knock out Bute I don't see why Pavlik wouldn't be able to do the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X