Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fraziers Defense Overated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right, cause anytime anyone thinks of joe frazier, they think, damn, what a great defensive fighter. that wasn't his mo; he had good defense for a boxer of his style and that's where it ends. i don't think anyone has ever made a case for him as one of the greatest defensive fighters of all time.
    Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 09-20-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Overrated??? Most casual fans think his defense was crap. It wasn't, but people who don't know what to watch for.

Comment

dude made fighters miss alot

Comment

I've always thought that Tyson's defense was ridiculously overrated. But I can't remember anyone ever overrating Joe Frazier's.

Comment

I don't think it's overrated at all.

It's not amazing or anything but it's certainly good.

Most newer fans consider him to be a face first brawler with no defense, which he wasn't.

Comment

I can't remember the exact quote off the top of my head so when one of my erudite pals in this section inevitably corrects me that's cool but i remember ali saying something along the lines of 'I couldn't believe how hard it was to hit him clean'

Comment

I think Marciano takes more s hit for having a bad defense but probably had a better one than Frazier. In that sense, Frazier's d is overrated.

Comment

A few of you guys said how Frazier's defense was better earlier on, you guys were right. Upon writing the post I've really only seen the later fights, post 71 since those are the most readily available and easiest to find. After scavenging through the web I saw some older ones and I have to agree his defense is pretty good, not the best, but good.

Plus with as with any other fighter its helps is seeing his strengths easiers when hes against more average fighters rather than the top, considering Ali and Foreman always put in work.

Comment

Working...
                  X