No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Eyes Andre Ward Revenge, Facing Kessler Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch (29-2, 21KOs) is back in the mix after a five round destruction of previously undefeated Lucian Bute on Saturday night in Nottingham. Bute has a rematch clause to secure a second showdown with Froch in Montreal. Instead, Froch would prefer to avenge his two career defeats - against Mikkel Kessler in 2010 and Andre Ward in December last year.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Ward had an injured hand when he beat Froch, this time around he will be having 2 hands. Ward's simply a better boxer and will beat Froch making him look bad in the process. He can beat Kessler who IMO is overrated.Kessler just moves in straight lines so he's easy to catch. Froch should keep away from Ward and Dirrell because those two will beat him and make him look like a bum in the process.

Comment

Carl Froch had a good night, Lucien Bute had a bad night, that's why he won the fight.

This sort of logic is undeniable.

Comment

Froch's mistake was trying to BOX Ward like he did vs Johnson and Abraham. You cant outbox a boxer.

If Froch FIGHTS Ward its a totally different matchup. Also remember Froch was coming on in the 10th 11th and 12th rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by underground man View Post
          no one gains anything from a ward rematch, it's pointless. froch just needs to let that one go.

kessler in nottingham -- yes please. nice way to announce his arrival in the light heavyweight division, and then maybe he can put a beating on that hype-job cleverly in a domestic tear up.
          Why does he need to let that one go? Froch came on stronger in the later part of the fight and had a slow as **** start. Personally i think Carl has wanted a rematch with Ward the moment he lost, hes just beaten the number 2..so who else is he going to aim for.
          If Carl gets beat again then so be it, but if he rematches Kessler and wins...then he derserves to fight Ward again.

Comment

Froch Kessler, Froch Pascal and/or Froch Cloud would do me. Forget Dirrell or Ward. The first fight would be a stinker again and the second would just have the same result.

Comment

i do believe Froch fought Ward all wrong. He waited, He hesitated, and fell into too many traps. He gave Bute a couple of rounds by fighting like that, instead of closing the gap and making it a war. Froch was impressive last night, simply because he wasnt having any of it. I like him when he just lets it all go. Bute didnt have any counter punches to stop the onslaught. He's more of an offensive fighter in that respect anyways. I thought Bute would be quicker on his feet, and have something for Froch on the inside. He just layed against the ropes like he had no options. Ward moves, switches his stance, and throws accurate punches from all angles. Being the Bull is what makes Froch the more exciting fighter, but against a true Matador like Ward his aggression works against him. i do give him a shot, because he's powerful and determined.
              Last edited by Clint650; 05-27-2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                Froch's mistake was trying to BOX Ward like he did vs Johnson and Abraham. You cant outbox a boxer.

If Froch FIGHTS Ward its a totally different matchup. Also remember Froch was coming on in the 10th 11th and 12th rounds.
                Ward was so far ahead by the 10th round that it made sense for him to take less risks and possibly give rounds away. Ward basically pulled a Mayweather. Froch would have to land powershots early like he did against Bute in order to beat Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
                  I would like to see Ward fight Froch in England. I don't think Ward would ever agree to it.

U brits are pathetic, Ward demonstrated that his style is all wrong for Froch, then Froch looks good against an unproven hype, all of a sudden he has a chance against Ward. You guys are delusional just like Froch.

Comment

Beating an over hyped fighter, NOW you're ready for Ward? Give us a break. Ward beats you 10Xs out of 10.

Comment

I like Froch and was pulling for him to win the Super Six but he should stay away from Andre Ward. Froch proved me wrong when he demolished Bute, as i thought it would be a more competitive fight, and he once again showed the Desire and Fire that made him great. That being said, Andre Ward is on a Mission from God like James and Elwood Blues. There was nothing in the Bute Fight that showed me Froch will be able to cope with Wards tactics as Ward will not sit in a Crouched Position waiting to be hit with his hands down. Was a great Win for Froch but he should look at a rematch with Kessler or even with Dirrell(as most Americans believe Froch lost that fight) rather than mixing it up with Ward again.

Comment

Working...
                      X