Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you guys give Ortiz crap for moving to 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burlyman View Post
    Now's a good time to move up to 147. Ortiz is a big Jr Welterweight, also, he is on the outside looking in at 140. He wont get a crack at either Khan or the winner of Bradley-Alexander anytime soon. Plus, apart from Berto, there's not much talent left at the top of the 147 lb rankings after Pacquiao and Mayweather cleaned it out.

He has options at 147, Berto, a potential fight with Canelo late next year. If he stays at 140, the only fights he can make will be with the loser of Bradley-Alexander or a rematch with Maidana.
    I agree with you but I think that Ortiz needs one fight at full 147 before getting in with the big dogs...he should fight Rafal Jackiewicz and then go after Jan Zavech for the IBF title and defend his title with a few contenders before going after Berto...he's only 23...

Comment

Whether he'd get flack or not, he definitely needs to. Considering how close everyone at 140 is to fighting each other and settling who the top guy is, and considering Tim, the smallest guy of them all, can make 147 and look good, he'll get those fights eventually.
      Last edited by JDezi4; 12-12-2010, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
        I agree with you but I think that Ortiz needs one fight at full 147 before getting in with the big dogs...he should fight Rafal Jackiewicz and then go after Jan Zavech for the IBF title and defend his title with a few contenders before going after Berto...he's only 23...
        Good point, he needs a tuneup fight before getting in the ring with the likes of Berto or Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
          Canelo and Ortiz should train together with Barestein in Mexico...Maybe Ortiz is too distracted by his life in LA...He needs to find the inner Mexican in him and what better way then to have him train with Barestein and Marques with Canelo...them three can be on the same card for a cinco de mayo weekend...
          Nacho would be good for him,at this point I think any good well known trainer would be good for him.He is very talented and a great humble guy,can't let that go to waste.I met him at the Parade here in East L.A. he signed my glove and said "Thanks for the Support".I also say that about Canelo,cause in his last fight in Mexico he looked a bit exhausted breathing from his mouth,taking deep breaths.I think a change of camp would do him good.

Comment

Working...
          X