Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirrell's Body shots were vicious. He landed some nasty punches to the body.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    Dirrell fought a great fight. It's too bad Arthur had to ruin such a great fight. He still could have won by a fair knockout. Why did he have to ruin the fight by sucker punching a downed opponent?

I've lost a lot of respect for Arthur and I really liked him before this. Not only was he crying like a ***** to the ref all night about body punches, he showed no sportsmanship after the fight in saying that Dirrell, who out boxed the **** out of him almost all night, was not a good fighter but a good actor.

I know there was a couple low blows but most of the ones AA was complaining about were just clean body shots.
    I agree 100%.

Comment

Agree @ thread

Those quick combos to the face-body (anyways AA pretty covered up that's why AD's had success to the mid section) were loaded with dynamite!

Comment

I even thought someone in the panel would go ala-Jim Lampley and say BANG BANG BANG too

Comment

And that's the reason Abe was complaining to the ref so much: because they hurt. He was trying to get sympathy from the ref and perhaps even a point deducted so Andre would think twice about continuing to throw them. While I think that Laurence Cole did not do a great job in this fight, he did a number of things correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            I think that is getting over looked. Watching it sounded like shotguns were going off. He was drilling him to the body.
            Dirrell's punches always sound very weird to me. I don't know how, but they have a smack/woosh sound to it whenever they touch something.

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            Yea and AA complains like a ***** every time he gets touched to the body.
            Yeah, I'm so glad Dirrell jumped him the third time he did it. I was getting so damn tired of him complaining about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
              And that's the reason Abe was complaining to the ref so much: because they hurt. He was trying to get sympathy from the ref and perhaps even a point deducted so Andre would think twice about continuing to throw them. While I think that Laurence Cole did not do a great job in this fight, he did a number of things correctly.
              I think that's the real intent of it. Not so much to get the point, but to get the other guy warned, so he will stop throwing to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by K2ray View Post
                ..he was expecting the referee to remove his mask and reveal a Sauerland referee: "Arthur, are you alright?"

The thought of a referee putting his arm around a fighter when he's bent over and asking "Arthur, are you alright?" like a father would brought a smile to my face.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                  Yea and AA complains like a ***** every time he gets touched to the body.
                  I swear, one thing that really annoyed me about him. Thats his way of getting rid of his opponent's body attack; sadly it worked against Taylor.

Comment

AA got his ass kicked. Dirrells skills are so impressive he made Abraham look like a jeff lacy clone. He embarrassed a good fighter. Abraham lost his cool because he took an ass whooping!

Comment

Working...
                    X