No announcement yet.

Frampton should be ready for Rigondeaux by late 2015

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frampton should be ready for Rigondeaux by late 2015

Even today Carl "Jackal" Frampton is a very complete fighter. He can box coming forward, back foot, defense, offense, counter punching, has power and has a good chin. After this defense, he should take on another opponent (we know Quigg won't step up) and I think he should get it on with Guillermo "El Jackal" Rigondeaux.

Frampton has the tools to take his belts, his 0 and of course to decide who is the real "Jackal", but first he should get some more experience fighting as a World Champion against World level guys and by that I don't mean Kid Galahad.

My question is do you guys agree Frampton can beat Rigondeaux after some fights? I like both guys, but I lean towards Frampton.
    Frampton will beat Rigo after gaining some experience
    41.18%
    Frampton can never be ready and Rigo will beat him
    58.82%
    Last edited by Box-Office; 12-31-2014, 08:52 PM.

"Battle of the Jackals."

They're two of my favorite fighters, but Rigo would school Frampton.

I just don't see Frampton beating him.

It is one of my most anticipated fights though and it will be good.

Comment

I like Frampton but Rigo mops the floor with him.

Comment

I haven't seen enough of Frampton to make the call, surely this would be an exciting match. Frampton throws enough to land here and there on Rigo and whenever Rigo gets hit he seems to really want to hurt the man back.

Comment

I love both Jackals but Frampton is in my personal top 5 favorite active fighters. I'm rolling with Carl win or lose.

Comment

They all waiting for rigo to slow down

Comment

i think frampton picks him apart man frampton too good

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                I highly doubt that would be anytime soon. Seeing as how he usually fights in a conservative manner and although he has been dropped several times he doesn't sustain too much damage in his fights, I could see Rigo on top of his game for a quite a few years to come. If they can't wait till Rigo slows down I think his challengers need to constantly improve until ready to challenge him, and at the moment Frampton is the closest to that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                  I highly doubt that would be anytime soon. Seeing as how he usually fights in a conservative manner and although he has been dropped several times he doesn't sustain too much damage in his fights, I could see Rigo on top of his game for a quite a few years to come. If they can't wait till Rigo slows down I think his challengers need to constantly improve until ready to challenge him, and at the moment Frampton is the closest to that goal.
                  Reflexes slow with age....it's gonna be particularly more significant for guys at lower weights....

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    Quigg is waiting for his whole generation to slow down before he steps up.

Frampton needs some more experience. I'd say 2 fights (including his next defense). People always give me that ridiculous "oh how many bouts does Rigo have?" comment, but Rigo is on another level due to his amateur background.

Comment

Working...
                    X