Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good would Ali be if he boxed 3 half years he missed at age 25?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good would Ali be if he boxed 3 half years he missed at age 25?

Just watching an Ali documentary, and Dundee mentioned he lost his prime. 25-28 is pretty much a great age for boxing.

I thought about that myself recently, I really think had he hadn't lost those 3 years the Ali/Frazier 1 would have been in his favor decisively.

Comment

He would probably have a case for being the GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
        I thought about that myself recently, I really think had he hadn't lost those 3 years the Ali/Frazier 1 would have been in his favor decisively.
        Yeah I thought so too. Those 3 years could have been so much more, but I guess in his DNA, his character was what gave him strength in other moments and what caused this issue too.

Comment

You could argue he missed out on some of his prime, which I agree obviously he did, but I think it's one of the things that makes him so good. Plus the fact that you had two legitimate men with claims to the crown made Fraizer/Ali amazing. Even with the years off he still came back to beat Frazier and Foreman and either way those would have been the wins he would be remembered for with the time off or not. Everyone loves a comeback story. Had he not had the time off he might have some more victories, but his story wouldn't have that emotional touch or redemption to it.

Comment

he would have beat Frazier first time around

Comment

He would have dominated for even longer but I think he would have retired earlier...maybe around 1973-5. Frazier would have been beaten more decisively....

Comment

Working...
              X