Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which win is more impressive, Mayweather vs Corrales or Pacquiao vs Barrera 1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which win is more impressive, Mayweather vs Corrales or Pacquiao vs Barrera 1?

Both were great victories, and probably Floyd and Pac's best wins respectively. Personally, I think Floyd's win over Chico (RIP) is more impressive. As great of a win as Pac had against Barrera in their first fight Marco had already been through countless wars and was probably no longer in his prime, but Pac still KO Barrera and he gets full credit for that.

However, Mayweather fought a young, undefeated, and prime Corrales. At the time of the fight both guys were on the p4p list. Furthermore, Floyd put on one of the best boxing exhibitions I've ever seen. Floyd proceeded to knock Corrales down 5 TIMES and got the KO in the tenth round. Who thought a much smaller Mayweather would KO the power punching Corrales? That performance is without a doubt one of the best boxing performances I've ever seen, that's the stuff legends are made of.

Thoughts?
    Mayweather vs Corrales
    39.40%
    Pacquiao vs Barrera
    60.60%

Mayweather-Corrales was a boxing clinic and a beautiful performance, showing the superiority of Mayweather over his opponent.

Morales/Barrera-Pacquaio was two unskilled brawlers who lead with their chin flailing wild shots with no regard for defense.

PBF-Chico.
    Last edited by Akhi; 02-07-2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I still stand by the Corrales fight as Floyd's most impressive performance and win.

Pacquiao's win over Barrera to me was Pacquiao's coming out party (pause), but Floyd beating Corrales the way he did was pretty damn amazing.

Both great wins, slightly give it to Floyd.

Comment

Barrera for sure. He had never been and never has since been completely beaten up and dominated and he was in his prime. Look what he did to Naseem, then Pac did worse to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Akhi View Post
          Mayweather-Corrales was a boxing clinic and a beautiful performance, showing the superiority of Mayweather over his opponent.

Morales-Pacquaio was a two unskilled brawlers who lead with their chin flailing wild shots with no regard for defense.

PBF-Chico.
          I wouldn't put the terms "unskilled" and "Morales or Barrera" in the same sentence.

Comment

I can't decide- they're both their greatest wins.

Barrera is a solid top 30 ATG though and Corralles isn't.

But the way Mayweather beat him was spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by Akhi View Post

Morales-Pacquaio was a two unskilled brawlers who lead with their chin flailing wild shots with no regard for defense.

PBF-Chico.
              You speak the truth my dudebut Pac vs. MAB will still most likely get the most votes because 90% of the posters on this board are *******s and Floyd haters or both

You just don't see guys with Floyd's skill level very often.

Comment

Barrera is still the best win of Pacquiao's career imo.

both were dominations, but I think p4p Barrera was the better fighter.

interesting scenario, matching them against one another at 130lbs...

Comment

the barrera win definitely, corrales is overrated to hell

barrera is actually a legend

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                    I wouldn't put the terms "unskilled" and "Morales or Barrera" in the same sentence.
                    Barrera is overrated and limited.

He can't punch, he's not a virtuoso like Floyd, he's not particularly fast and his boxing skills aren't elite.

He's mediocre.

Chico had power and a huge size advantage. Mayweather embarrassed and stopped him.

How is beating a harder opponent in better fashion not more impressive?

Comment

Working...
                    X