Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How successful will Canelo be against the top middleweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How successful will Canelo be against the top middleweights?

What are your thoughts on how well Canelo will do against top middleweight fighters e.g. Golovkin, Geale, Soliman, Cotto, Murray …..

I personally believe he will struggle. I don't think he has the power, speed or technical ability to outclass any of them.

I think he will do well against come forward fighters with limited skills and footwork.

Canelo likes to box and counter and does that well.

He is flat footed though, boxers will always trouble him , especially if they have some power I can see Canelo getting gun shy.

Golovkin would outgun him and is not a face first brawler like Angulo, rather a boxer puncher with power.

I don't know how well Canelo would adapt, but if I had to make a prediction I'd go for GGG by TKO within 10.

Cotto is not a MW , I'd favor Saul but I'd rather watch Canelo vs Quillin than Canelo vs Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinkyokushin92 View Post
      What are your thoughts on how well Canelo will do against top middleweight fighters e.g. Golovkin, Geale, Soliman, Cotto, Murray …..

I personally believe he will struggle. I don't think he has the power, speed or technical ability to outclass any of them.
      I think he puts a beating on Cotto. Not that Cotto would get dominated, but he would get beat up.

Golovkin beats Alvarez, but the exchanges in that fight would be electric. Just thinking about the body shots makes me grimace.

I think he has a fair shot against anyone else in the division. He's going to have to move up eventually, unless boxing creates a 156 division for him.

Comment

Only one he might beat is Cotto the rest will put a hurting on him !

Comment

I like his chances with ALL OF THEM!

Comment

I think he would beat them all except for GGG who would beat Canelo by KO. Canelo has made it quite clear in recent statements that he will stay at 154 for the future and perhaps his entire career. Contrary to popular belief on here many men Canelo's age are fully grown and as big and heavy as they are ever going to be and in no danger of "outgrowing" their weight class. Hagler was a solid middleweight when he turned pro at 19 and remained a middleweight until he retired in his mid 30s.

Comment

Canelo ain't NO Hagler !

Comment

I think Canelo would have no problem beating Quillin who has struggled to beat fighters who are no where near as good as Canelo. Lara would also beat Quillin and most of the other top middleweights. GGG is the real middleweight champ and no middleweight can beat him. GGG is a 12 to 1 betting favorite over top contender Geale because the bookies who handicap fighters for a living know how good GGG is.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing maniac View Post
                  Canelo ain't NO Hagler !
                  Don't be stupid. I never said or implied that Canelo was as good a fighter as Hagler or even compared their fighting ability. The only reason I brought Hagler into the conversation was to show that some fighters completely stop growing and gaining weight by the time they are Canelo's age. If it make you feel better I'll use Kirkland who turned pro at 154 at age 20 and still fights at 154 at age 30.

Comment

Boxing Maniac, I reread you're post and saw you were quoting someone else and not me. I am sorry for what I said and apologize to you. My only excuse is it's early here for me and I need some coffee to wake up.

Comment

Working...
                    X