Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better win Froch/Bute or Garcia/khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not an easy question to answer and it really depends what criteria you use to define the term "Better Win".
    This was a come back fight for Froch having lost previously to Ward. So taking on a fighter of Bute's stature and demolishing him was really impressive but going into the fight Froch was not as big an underdog as Garcia was. There was a higher expectation that Khan would win than Bute would. In those terms because of the degree of upset Garcia's win would be considered better.
    Both were great wins and both had the effect of springboarding the winners to another level and relegating the losers to a boxing void.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
      This is not an easy question to answer and it really depends what criteria you use to define the term "Better Win".
      This was a come back fight for Froch having lost previously to Ward. So taking on a fighter of Bute's stature and demolishing him was really impressive but going into the fight Froch was not as big an underdog as Garcia was. There was a higher expectation that Khan would win than Bute would. In those terms because of the degree of upset Garcia's win would be considered better.
      Both were great wins and both had the effect of springboarding the winners to another level and relegating the losers to a boxing void.
      I see your point but I think Froch's win was also bigger because it proved that he was still a top guy at 168. Considering his age and his recent loss after a string of very tough fights, a lot of people were saying that he was done and he proved them wrong by dismantling an undefeated champion.

Garcia didn't prove anything that we didn't already know. The whole world knew that Khan was extremely vulnerable to getting knocked out. You were almost waiting for it to happen. The theme of that fight, as it is in any Khan fight, was basically "Can Khan go 12 without getting KTFO?" Even though Garcia was the underdog, the outcome of that fight wasn't exactly shocking to anyone.

Comment

It was obvious from the Peterson fight that Khan wouldn't survive at top level

But Lucian was undefeated, fast, stylish said to have the best body shot in boxing and was purportedly being ducked by Andre Ward

Comment

I would say Froch's too. Khan lost his previous fight and Bute had not been stopped or beat as a pro before.

Comment

Garcia over Khan, Khan is far better than Bute who let's face it is shite

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              Sakio Bika or Marcos Maidana
              Glen Johnson or Zab Judah
              Brian Magee or Paulie Malignaggi
              Librado Andrade or Andrey Kotelnyk

I actually think the level of opposition was fairly close
              I would agree with this except for Kotelnyk..He's at least a B class fighter..Which would let Khan edge Bute level of competition...

Comment

Working...
              X