No announcement yet.

Does it piss you off when people....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    I honestly don't know why you would be offended, I don't get offended. I just say think you and move on.

If they persist, say your not interested and that's that.
    Which is the courteous thing to do. What Christians are supposed to do is just inform you about Christ and tell you about salvation. After that then it's up to that person if they'll accept it or not. If so then cool, if not then that's their choice. The Christian did his part.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Which is the courteous thing to do. What Christians are supposed to do is just inform you about Christ and tell you about salvation. After that then it's up to that person if they'll accept it or not. If so then cool, if not then that's their choice. The Christian did his part.
      Exactly

Nobody here has it forced upon them

Comment

Isn't that what church is for?

I get highly annoyed when people bang on my door and hand me things to read. Mostly when I say no thank you, yet they continue their script and become pushy. Chances are, they are getting the door slammed in their face. If someone wanted to follow or practice religion, finding a church/temple/mosque, (whatever) is easy enough.

I do however, enjoy the little debates when I tell them I'll pass I am Catholic, and the continue on as if their variation of Christianity is somewhat superior and I get to be slightly b1tchy and ridiculously sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Call themselves something or refer to their family's origin, yet have NO idea about the past of their own people

For example i have a friend who calls himself a "deeply religious" Christian, yet has never been to church, never prays and i doubt he even knows Jesus' last name. Yet he continuously calls himself a "Christian"

Same with people referring to race, nationality, religion, etc. I just think if you call yourself something, at least know a little about your history
          Was it Goldstein?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
            Was it Goldstein?
            Actually it was Goldbergsteinkatzovich

Comment

Well then now I can't say i'm from the Dominican Republic since I know nothing about it's history, don't know it's national anthem, and I feel like an alien when I go there.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Well then now I can't say i'm from the Dominican Republic since I know nothing about it's history, don't know it's national anthem, and I feel like an alien when I go there.
                Naw. That just makes you American, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Call themselves something or refer to their family's origin, yet have NO idea about the past of their own people

For example i have a friend who calls himself a "deeply religious" Christian, yet has never been to church, never prays and i doubt he even knows Jesus' last name. Yet he continuously calls himself a "Christian"

Same with people referring to race, nationality, religion, etc. I just think if you call yourself something, at least know a little about your history
                  Sorry can't say this is a concern of mine Russian.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    Naw. That just makes you American, bro.
                    I am a U.S. Citizen but I was born there, Brother Bear. My origin is DR, even if I only lived there for 2 months before being brought here as a babester.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      I am a U.S. Citizen but I was born there, Brother Bear. My origin is DR, even if I only lived there for 2 months before being brought here as a babester.

I hear you, bud. My sister is into our "family tree" deal, and I just laugh. My folks came over here on a boat a long time ago, and while that is all well and good, just not something I ever really cared too much about.

It's good to know where you come from, but it shouldn't be your whole identity as a person, is what I'm getting at.

Comment

Working...
                      X