Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your opinion on suicide?

I see some people have been charged with assisting suicide:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7912356.stm

Do you think a person who is suffering should have the right to decide to end their own life?

Or is deciding to commit suicide an indication of mental illness?

Do you believe they will go to an after life of hell, or will dying simply end their suffering?
    Yes, wanting to take one's own life is an indication on mental illness
    36.36%
    Yes, because they will go to hell if they take their own lives
    27.27%
    No, people should be free to choose whether to live or to die
    36.36%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by The Hammer; 05-26-2011, 10:13 AM.

Poll added...

and one-starred by the moron Tim Horton.

What do you think?

Comment

If it's anything like the movie seven pounds then I say go for it.

Comment

My friend tried to kill himself a couple of years ago and ended up in the psych ward. I think he's grateful for being taken care of today because he's managed to turn he's life around and fought of the depression..

So I'm gonna go with yes on this one.

Comment

Its a tough question. I support FREEDOM 100% so my voting for option 1 is in direct opposition to my typical bias.

However, to qoute a typical line in a suicide debate "permanent answer to a temporary problem." Im no psychiatrist but have definitely had my own little battles with being depressed and what not. I personally believe that in most cases that involve suicide a person is just being weak minded from feeling beaten down. Its up to us a community to prop them back up and bring them to a healthy standard of living. No one should be in a place so dark that they feel taking their own life would be the best option.

I of course understand that you dont always get signs or reasons that may inspire intervention, and I in no way intend to imply that suicide is a direct result of a lack of outside support. There is of course varying levels of mental illness.

I do 100% advocate building a strong community with support for each other though. With just that I think there would be a lower number of suicides/attempts just from the use of basic communication and interaction.

Comment

its a cowards way out. i dont care how mentally ill you are.

but i agree with assisted suicide at hospitals. you should be terminally tho

Comment

Originally posted by MEAT View Post
              its a cowards way out. i dont care how mentally ill you are.

but i agree with assisted suicide at hospitals. you should be terminally tho
              do you honestly think someone cares whether u think they are a coward or not when they are dead? lol...

Comment

I think it is a viable solution to the problems faced by many of the members of this forum. I just advised Triggerhappy to look into it for his spending issue.

Comment

I think it depends on the circumstances man .What if it's some kid that gets heavily bullied or a women who's been domesticly abused or something man .That's just defenceless .All depends man .I was reading this a while back about a 9/11 firefighter . I wouldn't say it's a cowards way out it's a hardball world some people just can't come to terms or deal with some things in life .
                  http://www.suicide.org/memorials/gary-celentani.html

Comment

A friend from high school committed suicide a few weeks ago, was drugged and hung himself, he was always smiling and seemed to have a bright future ahead of him, **** knows what happened, he was only young.

He threw his life away for what ?, **** him.

People do it for different reasons, I don't support it (if that's the way to word it) but if someone is stupid enough to throw their lives away then so be it, if I could stop them I would, in one case my friend was depressed and cut his wrists in front of me when we was drunk so I hit him dragged him outside and yelled at him for a bit, seemed to work.

If someone is suffering and has a time limit on their life then they absolutely have the choice, would you rather the person continue suffering just so you could talk to them / see them one more time or say your good byes and end it as quickly as possible ?. Tough choice but when it comes down to it I wouldn't want the person suffering.

Do you believe they will go to an after life of hell, or will dying simply end their suffering?

Not religious so I think it would simply end their suffering, also a nicer way of looking at it I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X