Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Bernard Hopkins refuses to retire..what's next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    he's a f'ing supermiddleweight...why can't this guy make a fight with a legit lightheavy or cruiserweight...he's been a lightheavy for what? 6 years now?
    And bute fought much of his career at light heavyweight.

Oh remember how you constantly talk about how bernard started his career heavier and shrunk down. So that doesn't apply to bute now, who fought much of his career at 175 and is 6'2 and in your logic, "shrunk" to 168? Hypocrite much?

You tell me who hopkins should fight at 175. List the names of guys hopkins can fight and list when those fights can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      Pavlik wasn't a great win.
      Ha! That's all I need to know man, right there. If you cannot even acknowledge that beating pavlik's ass wasn't a great win then it tells me everything I need to know about you.

Sorry I enjoy a lot of your other posts but you're clearly way off on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        Ha! That's all I need to know man, right there. If you cannot even acknowledge that beating pavlik's ass wasn't a great win then it tells me everything I need to know about you.

Sorry I enjoy a lot of your other posts but you're clearly way off on this one.
        It wasn't what some of you Hopkins fans make it out to be. Tailor made style check. Going up more than 10 pounds - check. Hell Tito who wasn't a great middleweight like Hopkins was a wayyyy better win.

Believe me, I like you as a poster even though we don't agree on some things especially on some parts of Hopkins.

Comment

You have got to give credit to bhop for the pavlik performance, it was a masterful performance and showed why he is one of the best fighters of this era.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            And bute fought much of his career at light heavyweight.

Oh remember how you constantly talk about how bernard started his career heavier and shrunk down. So that doesn't apply to bute now, who fought much of his career at 175 and is 6'2 and in your logic, "shrunk" to 168? Hypocrite much?

You tell me who hopkins should fight at 175. List the names of guys hopkins can fight and list when those fights can happen.

i don't know much about bute, but if he fought most of his career @ 175 and scaled down to 168, i don't have much of a problem with that...especially since at this point, nobody is comparing him to any of the all-time greats...

Nard started out @ 175 and shrunk down to 160...that I have a problem with...especially when numbnuts try to compare him to fighters like srr, srl, and hagler...neither of whom had to scale down to have an unfair size and strength advantage over anyone they fought...

hopkins...get in the ring with dawson...or retire...dawson's not a draw is hopkins fanboys biggest excuse...well neither is hopkins, so they are even on that accord..., hopkins had everybody conned into thinking that he was going to fight the winner of dawson/johnson 2...what changed from then to now

Comment

I think B-Hop has slipped a bit and in his last two fights and it has shown. If he were to continue I would accept Dawson or Cloud but otherwise I have very little interest in any meanless fights. He has done enought to retire now, but why continue if it is without purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
                If Bernard Hopkins refuses to retire there are less than a handful of options for him at this point of his career. He refuses to acknowledge that he's no longer(and hasn't been for quite sometime) a fighter worthy of a $50 PPV price tag.

So where does the Executioner go from here? Feel free to speculate!

I think it's fair to say that he won't get a shot at Haye, no matter how much he screams and cries for it. I also think it's fair to say a prime Haye dominates or seriously hurts a much weaker Hopkins.

The only thing, other than retirement, that I could possibly see for Hopkins is another fight against Glen Johnson on a regular HBO WCB card if Johnson fights and beats Cloud.

Thoughts...
                I know what you mean but he's still a top 5 p4p fighter. Sad that, really, doesn't say much for the state of boxing these days! Or maybe it says something about the quality of B-Hop...?

Comment

i just hope he retires,its getting silly now

Comment

Working...
                  X