Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bermane Stiverne vs. Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just can't favor Stiverne's style over Wilder. If he sits back like that he will be eating LOOONNNGGG rights all night and how is he gonna counter them?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Stiverne has been in at least twice with highly ranked guys, wilder hasn't faced a top 25 guy..

Stiverne's resume isn't deep, but he has much more experience vs legit guys..
      Who would those guys be, Ray Austin and Arreola? He fought Willie Herring (13-10-3) right before the first Arreola fight.

Say what you want about Wilder's level of comp, his power is elite and so are his physicalities.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthershock View Post
        that is true, but

my 1st reaction says Wilder has such an edge in physical ability that he makes quick work of Stiverne
        No doubt that wilder is a threat to anyone on the planet.. He lands flush one time and its most likely over..
        That being said, I think his lack of decent opposition will be his downfall... He needed guys like toney, monte Barrett, Cunningham, guinn, etc before going after top guys..

Comment

Stiverne will KO Deontay.

This is the problem with Malik laying down and faking a KO - it does nothing but make Wilder think he's invincible, when in reality, he needed to get rounds in. They should go for someone like Thompson before they even go near Stiverne.

The step-up is too big.

Comment

Stiverne is short, not very slick, doesn't close distance or come forward well, and can be shaken up.

Not the recipe to beat a massive, rangy puncher like either wilder, or wlad.

Comment

Got Wilder by KO. Too much length and power for Stiverne to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Who would those guys be, Ray Austin and Arreola? He fought Willie Herring (13-10-3) right before the first Arreola fight.

Say what you want about Wilder's level of comp, his power is elite and so are his physicalities.
                Austin, and arreola twice... And I agree that wilder is dangerous to anyone because of his one hit power, but I think his lack of experience will be his downfall..

I just don't like favoring a guy in a title fight that has never faced another contender, never gone past a few rounds, and never really been in an competitive fight with only a punchers chance..

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                  Wilder wins by mid to late stoppage,too tall,too rangy,too fast and has good and underrated boxing skills.Won`t be surprised if Stiverne makes it to the final bell against Wilder cause Stiverne has a hell of a chin.
                  dont underestimate stiverne's skills. he baited arreola he may be able to bait deontay. of this performance 60/40 stiverne..he knows more defensive stances.

Comment

Stiverne is a puncher, but Wilder is a legitimate KO artist. He leaves people convulsing on the canvas.

A guy like Stiverne who thinks he is slicker than he is, will get tagged and put to sleep early against Wilder.

Comment

Id favor Stiverne 60-40 fight. Wilder has the size, but he also is wild and a sharp, accurate puncher like Stiverne with his power could make it a early night.

Comment

Working...
                      X