Rakhim Chakhkiev back at the weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rakhim Chakhkiev back at the weekend

On the undercard of Drozd vs some bum

He fights the highly durable Juho Haapoja who fought Masternak last year I believe.

This is a good rebuilding fight against a solid journeyman/fringe contender.

He will probably go for another world title shot after in the summer. Maybe a rematch with Diablo

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    On the undercard of Drozd vs some bum

He fights the highly durable Juho Haapoja who fought Masternak last year I believe.

This is a good rebuilding fight against a solid journeyman/fringe contender.

He will probably go for another world title shot after in the summer. Maybe a rematch with Diablo
    Is he in line with anybody else? I thought Mchunu/Makabu was in line.... or at least one of them was in line for the WBA.

Comment

Man this guy should be world champion already. He fought such a stupid fight against Diablo. He was winning handily and then... he completely gassed and started to get dropped by every punch.
      Excellent boxing skills (especially offensively) but he needs to use his brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        Is he in line with anybody else? I thought Mchunu/Makabu was in line.... or at least one of them was in line for the WBA.

This fight is for the WBC silver he is still ranked #1 by the WBC and I believe he had a rematch clause to fight (Wlod) in Poland.

Rakhim isn't ranked by the WBA.
        Yeah Makabu, not sure about Mchunu I actually thought he held the WBC silver..

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
          Man this guy should be world champion already. He fought such a stupid fight against Diablo. He was winning handily and then... he completely gassed and started to get dropped by every punch.
          Excellent boxing skills (especially offensively) but he needs to use his brain.
          He looked great early-mid, he got overeager and paid the price. I was impressed with how he paced himself last time out and Haapoja will likely be there for the stretch and put up some resistance. These are the fights he needs, before he was blasting guys out and not learning anything, he had it all his own way.

Check out Egor Mekhontsev if you haven't seen him. Russian LHW olympic gold medalist. His style is reminiscent of Rakhims but more calculated. In fact he is more polished IMO

Comment

Check out Egor Mekhontsev if you haven't seen him. Russian LHW olympic gold medalist. His style is reminiscent of Rakhims but more calculated. In fact he is more polished IMO
            Yes, Mekhontsev could be the best of the 2012 Olympians who've turned pro.

Comment

He's talented, but his problem is his pacing. I think he's much better than Wlod. He just needed to pace himself better. He was completely gassed halfway through the fight and he probably thought Wlod would eventually break under the pressure and when that didn't happen, he ended up getting TKO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                Yes, Mekhontsev could be the best of the 2012 Olympians who've turned pro.

Certainly the one who has impressed me the most. I think the LHW division could have a major problem on their hands.

Still early days but he looks frighteningly good. Hoping they keep him active, I can't wait to see him out again.

Comment

I know who Mekhontsev is but I haven't watched his pro fights yet. I will keep an eye on him.

Comment

Shoot.... I know somebody was being talked about for diablo.....

Comment

Working...
                    X