Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT ARE THEY MISSING Vol 3: Lucas Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought he was robbed of victory in those fights. He did not win by a huge amount but he won clearly enough that any decent judge should have had him the winner in my opinion. He keeps getting better and he has improved since his fights with Judah and Alexander.I don't think there is a fighter in the world fighting at 140 that he can't beat. All he needs to do is keep training hard and learning his trade and tell Golden Boy to get him big fights.

Comment

Great thread and great responses.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
        He's got power, he's got some boxing skill, and he's tough as nails

But he still struggled with and old Zab Judah, and Devon Alexander

Sure most believe he was robbed in both fights, but the thing about it is, it wasn't one of those robberies... They were close fights

What does he need to officially join the elite?
        He needs opportunities. Matthysse is probably the best fighter in the world at 140. If I could improve any one of his qualities, I would try to give him better stamina. But I would favor him against just about anybody at 140 ATM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          Well, that's where I disagree. Matthysse is the more proven fighter than Garcia, has fought the better fighters..beaten the better fighters. You don't really think it's because of a lack of what Matthysse is doing, do you? It's all promoting in this day and age. Doesn't matter if you're the terminator if you can't get the full backing of your promoter who puts more energy into somebody else in the division. Garcia isn't exactly a huge name either and he's fighting in his home country against Judah...who already fought Lucas. He's being exposed to the same crowd who saw him fight Judah lol. The only thing that will happen is people will say "I want to see that Matthysse guy fight Garcia"..and that will just be the people who see that fight....which will more likely than not be the same people already saying they should fight. He's getting the Lara treatment...maybe worse...except Canelo is a huge name already. Garcia is at a point where if he loses to Matthysse, they still save face because the winner of that fight is where it's at. It's dat favoritism bro.

Well....I'd be shocked if Matthysse vs. Garcia doesn't happen next year. Garcia has the hot hand right now and Golden Boy just wants to milk him before they feed him to the wolves.

I expect to see that fight happen no later than next summer assuming everybody handles business.

Like I said, he'll get his chances. Just got to be patient.

Comment

Damn I honestly don't know what he is Missing, he seems to be improving every fight...at least the fights I have seen, yeah Zab did outbox him early but Lucas is a fighter that seems to come on strong down the stretch and with his Power that makes him very difficult to deal with

So he don't need anything really, he just need the opportunity against Top Fighters that is all really, once he gets into the ring he will OK
            Last edited by sicko; 11-30-2012, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Dude is a beast no doubt, of coarse every fighter can improve but Lucas is doing a lot of things right. I just want to see him in a fight fight to see how good he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                Well....I'd be shocked if Matthysse vs. Garcia doesn't happen next year. Garcia has the hot hand right now and Golden Boy just wants to milk him before they feed him to the wolves.

I expect to see that fight happen no later than next summer assuming everybody handles business.

Like I said, he'll get his chances. Just got to be patient.
                Agree. He's good enough and fan friendly enough that he wont be ignored forever so long as he keeps winning.

Comment

Working...
                X