No announcement yet.

Who's better p4p Donaire or Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Beating Dawson at 175 would have been Ward's best and toughest career win, but if he wanted full credit for beating the LHW champ, he would have fought him there. I dont want to rehash the Dawson drained talk, but guys like Miranda and Green get koed by every top level guy except Ward, yet LHW champ gets hurt by every punch. How much credit you give to Pac for DLH btw?
    Pac gets plenty of credit from me because he was coming up in weight and heavily favored to get demolished its not his fault DLH poorly prepared.

I don't see what the manner in which a Ward beat some other fighters has to do with his Dawson win, Dawson was never ko'd maybe because he is a defensive minded fighter who uses his jab not just rushing in and taking punches but like I said Ward took his best weapon from him and he had no answers.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
      lol , funny logic..but let me reverse that:

what nonito has done would amount to ward moving two divisions beating yoan pablo hernandez, another weight up and beat the number 1 heavy weight...funny aint it ?..thats coz you started from scartch with nonito same as i did with ward
      With Martinez people always go back to Pavlik/PWill 2. That's 2 years ago, when Donaire was being the man at 115. Then he goes up and beats #1 in 2 divisions and a slew of other legit beltholders. Meanwhile Sergio fights Barker Dz and Macklin.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        With Martinez people always go back to Pavlik/PWill 2. That's 2 years ago, when Donaire was being the man at 115. Then he goes up and beats #1 in 2 divisions and a slew of other legit beltholders. Meanwhile Sergio fights Barker Dz and Macklin.
        i know , it's funny..

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Pac gets plenty of credit from me because he was coming up in weight and heavily favored to get demolished its not his fault DLH poorly prepared.

I don't see what the manner in which a Ward beat some other fighters has to do with his Dawson win, Dawson was never ko'd maybe because he is a defensive minded fighter who uses his jab not just rushing in and taking punches but like I said Ward took his best weapon from him and he had no answers.
          Ward did his job, so did Pac vs DLH. He really left little doubt about his ability to beat Dawson at any weight, so it's a shame he didn't do so. It was less of a stretch going up to 175 than Pac going to 154 or 150 from 135. He's already talking about moving up. He beats Dawson at any weight,just not like that.

Comment

i don't give ward a lot of credit for beating dawson at 168 lbs... but I do respect what he did in the super six

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              P4P, I think Ward would neutralize Nonito's offense and out-box him.
              I think nonito's footspeed would neutralize ward's hold-n-hit technique. And without being able to grind nonito on the inside, Ward's outside game isn't as good or diverse as Nonito's outside game.

Comment

Working...
              X