No announcement yet.

If Saul Alvarez didnt have red hair?...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxfan1983 View Post
    I totally agree with you. I was reading a news article the other day saying that darker skinned Mexicans are discriminated against in Mexico, so much that they have anti-discrimination groups in Mexico I guess equivalent to the NAACP. Id laugh my @$$ off if they put Canelo against Molina and Molina wrestles to victory. Hell I think Molina woulda landed more on Floyd.
    Hahaha, wrestles him to victory that is pretty good, but there is NO WAY Canelo loses on any score card even if in reality he did lose the fight.

Just look at the score cards in the Mayweather fight, not just Ross's score card so there is no way he will lose to John Ruiz Jr.

Just having to fight John Ruiz Jr. I think would be punishment enough IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
      I am Mexican and to answer the question no he would not be a star IMO but the man is on T.V all the time in Mexico with the distinctive red hair and smile and he does have charisma and was an unbeaten Boxing champion in a boxing crazy country so all of those factors made for the perfect storm.

But make no mistake about it the kid CAN FIGHT, so lets wait and see what the kid does in his career before we be too harsh on him, and remember he did come out of no where and did not have the Chavez name to help him he just had the look.

Can't be mad at that.
      Does he have much personality when speaking Spanish? If so, it doesn't really translate very well. But a lot of these teen idol types don't seem that cool. Chavez at least seems to have a sense of humor

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Does he have much personality when speaking Spanish? If so, it doesn't really translate very well. But a lot of these teen idol types don't seem that cool. Chavez at least seems to have a sense of humor

Lol @ your pic. I think Chavez Jr. (all weight aside) woulda did better against Floyd, I think Chavez Jr could win a round, I didnt even give Canelo 1.

Comment

Originally posted by boxfan1983 View Post
          Lol @ your pic. I think Chavez Jr. (all weight aside) woulda did better against Floyd, I think Chavez Jr could win a round, I didnt even give Canelo 1.
          It's not a fair h2h comparison cause Chavez is so much heavier. Canelo is the better boxer, but he seems to lack the will and chin/stamina of Chavez.

Comment

Alvarez would be a nobody, especially if he had dark skin and black hair. People are fascinated by him simply because of the way he looks. There isn't another Mexican fighter that gets that kind of attention aside of Chavez Jr. who 's only famous because of his dad. Compare the things Morales/Barrera/Marquez all had to do/achieve to become popular to Canelo, it's laughable.

Comment

Working...
            X