Broner Weight Issue Resolved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner Weight Issue Resolved

FIGHTHYPE.COM ‏@fighthype
    After a long talk between both camps, the issue is resolved.
    Expand
    Reply Retweeted Favorite

or maybe not...

Ernest Gabion ‏@eaner0919
    Team Escobedo has not heard anything has been agreed upon.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Comment

nothing's resolved

according to eaner, they're offering a 140 cap for a noon weigh in tomorrow

if Broner rejects it, then you're got serious problems

Comment

Broners cherry picking of smaller fighters is coming to an end

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          nothing's resolved

according to eaner, they're offering a 140 cap for a noon weigh in tomorrow

if Broner rejects it, then you're got serious problems
          Right. I was following both of the tweets from Eaner and Ben. Eaner talked about the last proposal to be offered and soon therafter Ben said that after talking for a while, it was resolved. Then, Eaner came right back and said that Vicente's team didn't hear that anything was agreed upon.

Comment

The CAN man been opening too many food cans lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              The CAN man been opening too many food cans lately.

Comment

OT: Let me guess... Fighthype is biased towards Broner as well?

Comment

He should just move up, He looked too big for the weight he seem to be wanting to fight in..

Comment

as much as i was looking forward to watching broner box i hope it doesnt get resolved.

it always appens in these kind of fights where a big name fighter often on his way up in weight taking a standard fight against a guy who has everything to gain. to broner its a stay busy fight but to escobedo its the fight hes been working (not waiting) towards for years.

the opertunity and the money is often to great to turn down from their position and the broners of the world get away with it. a fight thats already the challenge of his life (for escobedo) becomes even tougher bcuz of an unfair circumstance and if he loses ppl will forget all about it.

broner really doesnt lose much, no more money than he can spare and a title he was gonna give up anyways. they need to increase the punishment for missing weight. back in the day when titles meant more it was a heavy blow to lose it on the scales, now it isnt a big deal if you got a name like broner or is simply moving up into one of many weightclasses. the money doesnt hurt as much either with the cash these guys are making.

they should get like a one year ban from participating in titlefights or lose a bigger part of their purse (like 75%) for missing weight. i like broner but this i dont support, they were expecting escobedo to be so desperate for the fight he could be easily paid off. hopefully thats not the case and broner (and other fighters like him) gets taught a lesson, even if it means missing out on watching a great young fighter in action.

Comment

Working...
                    X