No announcement yet.

Whats your Boxing Workout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
    I would say that abotu 80 to 90% of the people in here are grossly overtraining.

You ever feel tired? Get beat up in sparring? Or have nothing left for an actual match?

Its cuz' you overtrain to the point of utter stupidity.

smh....
    do you fight?

Comment

i just hit the bag for 5 rounds, 5 days a week.

run two miles 4 days a week.

hit the weights 4 days a week.

do a capoeira class 2 days a week.

and spar two ten min. rounds, twice a week.

I've come down from 250lbs to 215lbs in a few months.

Comment

My current new weekly plan:

-2 times rope + sparing + some core exercise
        -2 times rope + heavy bag + some core exercise
        -1x running 30min medium tempo

2 days off

Comment

Originally posted by mr.thraz View Post
          i just hit the bag for 5 rounds, 5 days a week.

run two miles 4 days a week.

hit the weights 4 days a week.

do a capoeira class 2 days a week.

and spar two ten min. rounds, twice a week.

I've come down from 250lbs to 215lbs in a few months.
          Have you changed your diet at all? you lost over 30 lbs thats awesome!

Comment

ill post my workout.
            morning run

pm workout
            skip, shadowbox for about 3 rounds each.
            sparring (anywhere from 4 rounds to 10)
            heavy bag 4-6 for a typical workout depending on how i feel. last 30 seconds are punchouts
            double end 3 rd
            speed bag 3 rd
            slip bag 3 round

pushups, pullups, situps, medicine ball work. i do pads a few times a week. my rounds are 4 mins with a 30 sec rest. today i did 4 heavybag rounds, sparred about 10 with 3 partners, then held pads. i got surgery 7 weeks ago and i am still recovering. shouldnt even be sparring lol. i need to shadowbox more.
            sunday-friday this is my workout. friday is usually just getting padwork + heavybag.

Comment

Boxing workout

Run 40 mins

Get to the gym
              Run three rounds, do movement drills three rounds, skipping until coach tells me to stop. shadowboxing 3 rounds. coordination drills 2 rounds. Heavy bag 3 rounds. Pad work until I get sloppy. Heavy bag six rounds first three just straight punches. Abs and go home.

Sparring days are just a warm up 3 bag rounds and sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by sevenone View Post
                Run 40 mins

Get to the gym
                Run three rounds, do movement drills three rounds, skipping until coach tells me to stop. shadowboxing 3 rounds. coordination drills 2 rounds. Heavy bag 3 rounds. Pad work until I get sloppy. Heavy bag six rounds first three just straight punches. Abs and go home.

Sparring days are just a warm up 3 bag rounds and sparring.
                yeah this guy knows what the **** is up!

Comment

before it was

monday, wednesday, friday

5 x punch bag
                  jump rope
                  plyometrics
                  shadow boxing
                  abs workout
                  push ups
                  dips

and 5 days i was running 4 miles

saturday, sunday - offski

hurt my lower back hence why it was before
                  will start once physio sorts out my back

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyBlayze View Post
                    i start my workout at about 12-1pm(right before starting my day) by shadowboxing for a full hour at high instensity with no breaks
                    straight after do some polymetric exercises like consecutive vertical leaps(tuck jumps) as high as i can till "pretty much" failure
                    then as many clap pushups as i can muster and as soon as i can't do them fast anymore(or else i'd be there all day) i convert to 50-60 explosive pushups
                    get up, put on some 16oz, flurry at the heavybag till i can't throw with power, co-ordination or speed anymore, then change the 16oz to proper bag gloves(guess they'd be 8oz) flurry till i can't throw with power, co-ordination or speed anymore, take a break, drink my water, eat, eat, eat(yes i dont run straight for the shower, i was told getting that food straight after your workout is very beneficial tho i dont remember the specifics, just been doin it for awhile), anyway, i go to the shower barely being able to lift my arms to scrub my body, then just chill till it's around 10pm(night time is great for running, it's colder too, makes it painful to breathe during my run) and run for 6 miles(sometimes my pace is too fast to begin with and i dont manage 6 miles tho) but for the last mile i always sprint it, then, do pullups(which include leglifts) till failure get home have another shower, and to bed

next day, go into the gym, stretch, hit the bag, spar, do w/e the coach has us do which is usually just sparring for the full session

next day, chill

repeat

been doen this since i was 16

Bruv...one straight hour of PROPER shaddowboxing? i mean throwing 123s every 4 or 5 seconds...u sure u keep up with it?

Comment

ThIS IS MY WORKOUT:

Consider I live in Brazil where it´s constantly about 30 degrees celcius so its freaking hard sumtimes.

Monday to Thursday:

Stretching
                      Warm up running about 10 minutes

3 rounds of 3 minutes shaddowboxing constantly throwing punches (1st round only straight punches, second round straights and hooks, third any punch)

3 rounds of 3 minutes "combat school" meaning you against the opponent practicing combos; when one attacks, the other defends.

3 rounds of 3 minutes pad work

3 rounds of 3 minutes on the heavy bag (we´re poor here..aint got all of those double end bags, speed bags and stuff lol)

3 rounds of 3 minutes shadow boxing with 1 or 2 kg dumbells

500 abs.

this makes it a 15 round daily training session.

Friday: 4 or 5 3-minute round sparring

Saturday 5 mile jog
                      Last edited by Maxgaggi; 12-27-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X