Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kessler has a huge style problem, he cant fight backing up'.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's one dimensional, very robotic and stiff, can't fight on the inside.. I think dirrell wud whoop him too in a boring fight BUT he is lucky he'll have froch next i think he still beats froch..

Comment

hmm, now that kessler has been exposed ppl seem to see what ive seen all along. he sure is one dimensional, and that one dimesnion aint all that great eighter. hes a very average fighter, nothing special about him other than the rediculous hype hes been getting up to this point.

Comment

When Ward came forward, he hammered Kessler with quick bursts of punches.

When Ward fought off the backfoot, he outboxed Kessler from the outside with his jab and quick combos.

On the inside, Ward roughed Kessler up and left him looking frustrated.

Basically Ward had full control of the whole fight.

Comment

Originally posted by shortright View Post
          Offensively he has ability, but it was depressing, watching him get backed up.
          Yes he can. He is a extremely good counter punter ------------ but only against guys with slower hand speed. Kessler lost both vs. Calzaghe and Ward, because he didn't pres forward and throws first !!

Comment

Kessler's style calls for him to have a fighter that will stand directly infront of him and in the pocket in order for him to effective.

Ward outboxed him from the outside, roughed him up on the inside, and even when he was in the pocket he was too good.

Ward is just a more complete and intelligent fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
              the punch i wanted to see more of, and that would have helped kessler the most had he committed to throwing it was the right uppercut imo. from what i've seen of kessler it's one of his most polished weapons and he would have done himself a big favour in stopping ward from getting on the inside
              agreed SG, iv actually just posted this on another thread but i'll say it again.

kess could do well to watch pbf vs hatton, pbf used his elbow to create leverage and distance and then fired off punches. kess could have done the same thing last night but imo hes not the sort of fighter who uses his elbow, i think he is simply too clen for hiw own good.

imo he needs someone like manny steward in his corner, his cornermen had the same look on them last night as they did when he fought calz. like a rabbit caught in headlights.

iv actually just posted why i think manny would suit kess's style in another thread, its a bit long but if you fancy a read just check my post history.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
                He can't fight on the inside either.
                this is his problem, he doesn't know how to fight on the inside and gets discouraged when he's in a dirty fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
                  kess could have done the same thing last night but imo hes not the sort of fighter who uses his elbow, i think he is simply too clen for hiw own good.
                  i think it's probably naivety and lack of ring smarts as opposed to honesty to be frank

imo he needs someone like manny steward in his corner, his cornermen had the same look on them last night as they did when he fought calz. like a rabbit caught in headlights.
                  indeed. it was worrying to see unprepared he was not just for ward's particular style but for a tough fight in general. he's pretty much a veteren and he still can't fight on the inside? or if he just can't, as is the case for some, he could at least formulate some strategies to prevent his opponent from getting in there and smothering him

the word that sprung to mind during his performance last night for me was, as harsh as it sounds, "unschooled"

iv actually just posted why i think manny would suit kess's style in another thread, its a bit long but if you fancy a read just check my post history.
                  sure, will do

Comment

He was gettin backed up by a guy who was boxin effectively. If it was a slugger goin str8 at him like that he woulda done better. But Ward wasn't just flailin.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                      i think it's probably naivety and lack of ring smarts as opposed to honesty to be frank

indeed. it was worrying to see unprepared he was not just for ward's particular style but for a tough fight in general. he's pretty much a veteren and he still can't fight on the inside? or if he just can't, as is the case for some, he could at least formulate some strategies to prevent his opponent from getting in there and smothering him

the word that sprung to mind during his performance last night for me was, as harsh as it sounds, "unschooled"

sure, will do
                      naive - yeah i used that word somewhere on these boards as well, i think mikkel is just a nice guy who wants to fight in an ideal world where the boxing is clean. truth is that ideal world doesn't exist.

at least formulate some strategies to prevent his opponent from getting in there and smothering him - again good point SG, i think wards speed of foot allowed him to get inside,

unschooled - wow harsh but fair

anyways, as bad as kess was how good was ward, he potshotted at times but also fired off clusters of accurate combinations, went to the body and threw quality shots throughout and switched stance seamlessly.

as well as his physical talent he showed the nous of a salty vet; hitting on the blindside, clinching when the other man was having success and showed that he can execute a well thoght out gameplan against the best.

Comment

Working...
                      X