Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson, Winky Wright, Scully Interview Transcript

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chad Dawson, Winky Wright, Scully Interview Transcript

Gary Shaw

The open workout was canceled by me because HBO did not communicate with us and let us know that Sergio Martinez was also holding an open workout yesterday in New York City. I felt that it was wrong for us to go against another fighter and Lou DiBella-who's a friend of mine-and to have two open workouts on the same day. So just for clarification sake, that was done by myself. Is John Scully on this call? [Click Here To Read More]

*yawn* Soooooo...A fighter's fire & desire is now dependent on who his trainer is?? Wutever. I don't buy it. We heard the same song & dance from Berto. "I wasn't myself" & nothing changed when we saw him vs zavek...If u can't get up for a championship fight & a man coming to do u harm & take ur titles...Then there's not much to be said. Chad is a headcase plain and simple. The fact that he chasing a fight w/ a dude that's almost 50 yrs old & he's not even 30 yet makes me feel poorly toward him. He's been on the sr tour his entire pro career. Dawson is highly skilled...but a mental midget. U can't manufacture emotion. I can promise we won't see close to 100 pnchs/ rd....If calzaghe couldn't do that ws hopkins...Chad "im on sedatives" dawson def won't.

Comment

War dawson!!!!

Comment

i see dawson is planning to use the throw 1000 punches and fool the judges calzaghe game plan. will it work again even if he can't connect any clean punches? tune in to find out...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Gary Shaw

The open workout was canceled by me because HBO did not communicate with us and let us know that Sergio Martinez was also holding an open workout yesterday in New York City. I felt that it was wrong for us to go against another fighter and Lou DiBella-who's a friend of mine-and to have two open workouts on the same day. So just for clarification sake, that was done by myself. Is John Scully on this call? [Click Here To Read More]
          Winky is cool...Ice holds it down on here with us....he aint afraid to drop in the jungle every now and then...so he cool as well....nothing bad to say about Team Dawson....all I know is that Chad will come up on the short end and I can't wait for Ice to make a thread about how GREAT B.Hop really is because Chad is no slouch....yea he got beat by Pascal....but dudes know deep down in their heart that Chad taxes Pascal from Monday to Saturday.....and on Sunday Chad shows up with a hangover from Saturday night and loses.....so Chad is official.....a little stupid but a heck of a athlete...gotta give him that....as usual, I give the B.Hop opponents their props...but thats where it stops!!!!...Chad will be Executed on Oct. 15....gov Terminator might be in the house because no executuion goes down in his state witout him

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
            Winky is cool...Ice holds it down on here with us....he aint afraid to drop in the jungle every now and then...so he cool as well....nothing bad to say about Team Dawson....all I know is that Chad will come up on the short end and I can't wait for Ice to make a thread about how GREAT B.Hop really is because Chad is no slouch....yea he got beat by Pascal....but dudes know deep down in their heart that Chad taxes Pascal from Monday to Saturday.....and on Sunday Chad shows up with a hangover from Saturday night and loses.....so Chad is official.....a little stupid but a heck of a athlete...gotta give him that....as usual, I give the B.Hop opponents their props...but thats where it stops!!!!...Chad will be Executed on Oct. 15....gov Terminator might be in the house because no executuion goes down in his state witout him
            We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              i see dawson is planning to use the throw 1000 punches and fool the judges calzaghe game plan. will it work again even if he can't connect any clean punches? tune in to find out...
              You'll cry like a ***** either way. You have some kind of gay fetish for Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
                *yawn* Soooooo...A fighter's fire & desire is now dependent on who his trainer is?? Wutever. I don't buy it. We heard the same song & dance from Berto. "I wasn't myself" & nothing changed when we saw him vs zavek...If u can't get up for a championship fight & a man coming to do u harm & take ur titles...Then there's not much to be said. Chad is a headcase plain and simple. The fact that he chasing a fight w/ a dude that's almost 50 yrs old & he's not even 30 yet makes me feel poorly toward him. He's been on the sr tour his entire pro career. Dawson is highly skilled...but a mental midget. U can't manufacture emotion. I can promise we won't see close to 100 pnchs/ rd....If calzaghe couldn't do that ws hopkins...Chad "im on sedatives" dawson def won't.
                I gotta agree. at the end of the day it's you in the ring, not your trainer. all your trainer can do is give you the gameplan and get you in shape.

I think the fact that dawson didn't want to go to detroit to train with steward proves something about his character. dawson doesn't like doing something he's not comfortable with. What do you think is gonna happen when his opponents make him uncomfortable? he's not gonna be able to adapt to it. and Hopkins is the master of making you uncomfortable and getting you out of your groove.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  it's not a bad strategy. hopkins is too crafty and tricky to try and box with. he's older and not as active. you can't play hopkins game, you gotta smack the game board off the table and turn the fight into an endurance and conditioning marathon.

the thing is.... dawson gets "bored", so can he maintain that level of intensity and will he be able to maintain his focus once hopkins starts landing counters and fighting dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    I gotta agree. at the end of the day it's you in the ring, not your trainer. all your trainer can do is give you the gameplan and get you in shape.

I think the fact that dawson didn't want to go to detroit to train with steward proves something about his character. dawson doesn't like doing something he's not comfortable with. What do you think is gonna happen when his opponents make him uncomfortable? he's not gonna be able to adapt to it. and Hopkins is the master of making you uncomfortable and getting you out of your groove.
                    Steward was training other boxers, Andy Lee for example has a fight coming this Saturday. Dawson style does not need to be changed, he just needs to fix some issues regarding the way he punches and lateral movement. He also needs to work harder in training camp. Scully is perfect for that because Scully has been training Dawson since he was 12

Comment

Working...
                    X