No announcement yet.

Cold or hot baths after workout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Cold doesn't bother me at all...believe me...lol we had a power outage here from a storm 2 years ago our house was literally close to 0 degrees,and I took my ICE cold showers still for 1 week....... of the topic....ive never had inflammation problems im assuming you mean joints will heal faster with cold water? I know heat after my work outs almost instantaneously loosens the muscle up and where im not sure what the cold would do except slow down joint pain during or immediately after a work out. I guess the difference is muscle vs tendon recovery? I would opt for muscle recovery personally. Im assuming that's why the icy hot gels and the like were created to heal joint/muscle tissue. Never gave the cold thing much thought until I saw it on UFC fighters using that cold chamber but.....idk? Im sure if you say so it has its benefits.
    As I said, heat at the wrong time induces inflammation while cold drives it out. It's not just tendons. Muscles are the primary benefactor. A lot of sports therapists discourage using heat save for non-exercise situations.

Comment

Cold right after then have a hot salt bath later.

Comment

Working...
      X