Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Carlos Burgos and The Aftermath of a Bad Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burgos destroyed Martinez but he already knew the fix was in before the scores were even read. Sitting there with a big old grin like he did something..bet he couldn't even bring himself to rewatch the fight afterwards either.

Comment

Rocky Martinez is a bum, nothing else to it.

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
        Yes but the WBO in acordance with the NYAC remove the experiense judge to put a judge that has 0 title fights!!!! thats where the problem is.
        What is your basis for saying this? The article did not say exactly which judge replaced which. For all we know, it could have been Paolillo (the most experienced of the three who judged the fight, and the one that gave the worst scores) who replaced the judge that was pulled out.

The issue here, and in other cases, is not necessarily the judges' inexperience. Look at how many title fights each has judged, and how each scored the fight:

Roldan, 2 championship fights, 117-111 for Burgos
        Paolillo, 7 championship fights, 116-112 for Martinez
        Signorile, 0 championship fights, 114-114 draw

In this case, the MOST experienced judge gave the WORST score. I don't think many would dispute that Roldan, with a paltry two-championship-fight experience, was a much better judge than both of her colleagues.

If I had to pick a judge, I wouldn't simply look at "experience", but at ACCURACY, FAIRNESS--in other words, COMPETENCE.

I don't care if the commission replaces judges at the last minute. All I care about is that it properly trains all its judges, and that the incompetent ones are re-trained, if not replaced.

Even the most "experienced" judge had to start somewhere.

My bottom line is this: INCOMPETENT JUDGES CAN DESTROY GOOD PEOPLE'S LIVES. PUNISH THEM. REMATCHES MUST BE HELD IF THE SCORES ARE CLEARLY WRONG.
        Last edited by liuj88; 01-31-2013, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X