No announcement yet.

Powerade/Gatorade to wash down food?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerade/Gatorade to wash down food?

How healthy are these drinks for a guy in traiing? I know while working out it is great but I always drink water when doing heavy cardio. But after a gym sesssion i might have a meal and buy a bottle of powerade zero to go along with it. Will this sit in my body good or not?

all powerade zero is, is some flavoring, potassium and sodium. shouldn't do anything to hurt you.

Comment

Originally posted by popsikal View Post
      How healthy are these drinks for a guy in traiing? I know while working out it is great but I always drink water when doing heavy cardio. But after a gym sesssion i might have a meal and buy a bottle of powerade zero to go along with it. Will this sit in my body good or not?
      Stick with water. Marketing goes a long way in the sugar drink world.

Comment

Do you really need so much sodium-sugar-and other chemicals in your body?

No, might as well stick to pure water that helps you no matter how much you drink.

Comment

water and some z-lax

Comment

Powerade Zero contains sucralose, a sugar-substitute and although it's significantly better than aspartame it's still a bit hazy as to whether it's a good idea to consume a lot of it. Just a heads up.

Comment

I wouldn't replace it for water but drinking a 16oz Gatorade after you train is actually beneficial. You need the sugars/sodium after you train to replenish depleted glycogen.

Comment

Id opt for V8 over water or power aid after a training session. though any other time water wins. Iv heard chocolate milk is one of the best things after a run. the vitamins in the milk is good and often times its skim or low fat milk thats used so that the chocolate dosnt make it to thick. theres also proteins and sugars in it to help give you energy.

Any one ever try accelerade? its got 1 part protein to every 4 parts carbs and its like an energy drink so i imagine it has electrolites. so during a long run or bike ride it might be good or like after a weight routine and before 6 miles on the tredmill

Comment

you can drink and eat what ever you want just as long as its not too much of it.

Comment

I like gatorade..i find with water i need to keep going back for more constantly

Comment

Working...
                    X