Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd "really injured"? Or trying to sell more tickets?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
    What exactly is the extent of Floyd's injury? Ribs I know...but what...cracked, broken, bruised? Sparring with who? Hatton....Valero....Morales....? Floyd's camp keeping quiet on the whole issue...."Rib injury in training camp postpones fight".....can Mayweather's camp give a little more info?
    That is the information that we have to wait on. It should be reported soon.

Comment

the extent of floyd's injury is less pertinent to me than why and how did floyd's rib get injured.

if floyd got hurt to the rib in sparring, then I wanna know who did it and how he did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        the extent of floyd's injury is less pertinent to me than why and how did floyd's rib get injured.

if floyd got hurt to the rib in sparring, then I wanna know who did it and how he did it.
        I don't think it is broke ribs in that sence, but pulling the catilidge off the bone (going from what Schaeffer has said) that would most likely would not be cause in sparing but by over streaching the cartilidge (this would be an example that Floyd is not a young man any more, he tried to do somethign his body used to do and his body would just not allow it anymore).

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Look at the ESPN or CNN article on the matter. Richard Schaeffer talks about it being a muscle/cartalidge thing as opposed to straight broken ribs, which in medical terms is still considered fractured ribs. This is not an easy injury to fake and get away with it.

He would not have needed to get hit to cause this it could have been a sudden movement or moving his torso in a way that his torso just didn't want.
          If Floyd was "keeping in shape" while on vacation...like he says he did...shouldn't his body still be acustomed to his "regular routines"? Or maybe....just maybe...he is taking the Marquez fight seriuously and he did hurt himself doing some new tricks.....

Comment

http://fighthype.com/pages/content5091.html

That's the injury. Floyd can't draw ****.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyJ View Post
              http://fighthype.com/pages/content5091.html

That's the injury. Floyd can't draw ****.
              No source on there...pure speculation ....

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
                If Floyd was "keeping in shape" while on vacation...like he says he did...shouldn't his body still be acustomed to his "regular routines"? Or maybe....just maybe...he is taking the Marquez fight seriuously and he did hurt himself doing some new tricks.....
                Injuries can happean to anyone, Floyd is human. Floyd is not as young as he once was, so what his body may be able to do now may not be the same as what he was used to in the past.

He tried to do the wrong thing and his body just did not agree.

He could be bull****ting but you better show me some real proof not speculation and theories.

Comment

All I'm going to say on this is where are the posters who demanded to see Haye's medical report or wondered why Haye's team hadn't sent a report to the Wlad camp before/as he pulled out of the fight? (Did he ever actually send a report, by the way?)

I'm sure some of those same people who dumped all over Haye for pulling out are not criticizing Floyd for this, or doubting anything in the slightest. The lack of information is telling, and the poor ticket sales can't be denied. Who knows, but it is definitely interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by cupcrazy01 View Post
                    All I'm going to say on this is where are the posters who demanded to see Haye's medical report or wondered why Haye's team hadn't sent a report to the Wlad camp before/as he pulled out of the fight? (Did he ever actually send a report, by the way?)

I'm sure some of those same people who dumped all over Haye for pulling out are not criticizing Floyd for this, or doubting anything in the slightest. The lack of information is telling, and the poor ticket sales can't be denied. Who knows, but it is definitely interesting...
                    I don't think Haye's camp ever submitted any medical report...not yet anyway...
                    Everything is all speculation except for the FACT that Floyd has a legit injury...can't wait for the next couple of days....should shed more light.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Injuries can happean to anyone, Floyd is human. Floyd is not as young as he once was, so what his body may be able to do now may not be the same as what he was used to in the past.

He tried to do the wrong thing and his body just did not agree.

He could be bull****ting but you better show me some real proof not speculation and theories.
                      For the sake of boxing...there better be a medical report confirming this "injury" considering how Floyd has been portraying himself as of late....otherwise...his "draw ability" could be shot to hell....

Comment

Working...
                      X