Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Berto on Danny Garcia: Tell Me When and I'll Be Ready!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Garcia might beat Berto, but really is he good enough to really just say he would win. I don't think so, he would go to work with his left hook because Berto has suspect defense but Berto is a pretty tough dude and Garcia is not some master boxer that could just freeze out Berto.
    Yes. 100%.

If we're talking about world level fighting Berto is rubbish. A journeyman so overhyped that even 5 years after the hype bubble burst the effects still remain.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Garcia might beat Berto, but really is he good enough to really just say he would win. I don't think so, he would go to work with his left hook because Berto has suspect defense but Berto is a pretty tough dude and Garcia is not some master boxer that could just freeze out Berto.

Obviously not the biggest fight out there for Garcia but I do think it would be fun and it is a fight he could easily lose.
      Why are people saying this? It's ridiculous. Berto is done, and even at his best he probably wouldn't beat Garcia. Berto now is perfect for Garcia. Weak chin, low activity, slow feet, what the **** is he going to do to Danny?

Berto would not come close to winning. I have a hard time believing he would see the final bell.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
        Garcia hasn't fought a natural WW Berto would be his first
        Guerrero is bigger than Berto. Way better, too.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Why are people saying this? It's ridiculous. Berto is done, and even at his best he probably wouldn't beat Garcia. Berto now is perfect for Garcia. Weak chin, low activity, slow feet, what the **** is he going to do to Danny?

Berto would not come close to winning. I have a hard time believing he would see the final bell.
          Berto is absolutely shit.It's amazing to me that him and Ortiz still get spoken about like they belong in big fights. How the fuck is that possible?

Ortiz is even worse. Stopped by Floyd, Lopez, Collazo, and now Berto again and it's five damn years since he had a decent win. And that was Berto! And yesterday people are saying he's one win away from a title shot against Danny.

What the fuck is going on man? How can people who claim to be boxing fans think like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Yes. 100%.

If we're talking about world level fighting Berto is rubbish. A journeyman so overhyped that even 5 years after the hype bubble burst the effects still remain.
            I disagree, and honestly I don't think Garcia is that far beyond Berto. Did you watch the Guerrero fight. It is not hype and Garcia beating Berto doesn't mean anything really, I just think it is a much harder fight for Garcia that you are making out because Garcia never blows anyone out.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

Berto is a tough dude so I have no doubt he sees the final bell. He got stopped in one fight where it was basically calling it because a busted shoulder? I think you are overdoing that weaknesses.

Berto is not that good but neither is Garcia really, and while Garcia is the better boxer and he would hit Berto plenty it is not like Berto wouldn't get his.

Garcia would be favored but I think Berto presents a lot more of a challenge for a guy like Garcia that most care to admit for whatever reason. Should Garcia be fighting Berto instead of a bigger name probably not but if they do fight I would expect Garcia to have problems because Garcia is a grinder it is never easy for him.

Comment

Let's do it! Tougher fight than people think Berto has real power.

Comment

Who didn't see this one coming? This will probably go something like DSG/Guerrero, except a bit wider on the cards if Berto makes it there. I think his chin is too solid for Berto to even have a puncher's chance.
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 05-01-2016, 06:13 PM.

Comment

If Berto wins at least he'll finally get the Floyd rematch.

Comment

Garcia is like the puerto rican Broner, fight the least resistance he can

Comment

Working...
                      X