Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz, Joel Diaz Are No Longer Working Together

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with Ortiz is that he tries to keep up with too many friends. I've seen him on snapchat and Instagram. This is probably due to him having a disfunctional/distant family. He feels complete around groups of people, because he didn't have that as a child. The problem is he doesn't realize he's a grown man and those friends would turn on him if he didn't have opportunities outside of boxing. Social status means more to him than boxing and that's what he's told us before "boxing doesn't define me." Yet he's running around saying he will be world champ again, but with what work?

Comment

Originally posted by amir khans#1fan View Post
      who cares.....
      yea youre right, nobody cares, everyone is more worried about another muslim that is going on a suicide mission agaisnt canelo in may.

Comment

Victor is a complete mess. Hard to believe but at one point he was a untouchable asset for golden boy. They were trying to market him as the next Mexican American superstar basically the new Oscar. He had all the talent and opportunities to succeed. He could of been where Canelo is right now. Hell at one point they were both young fighters signed to same promoter and Victor was seen as the bigger deal. But mentally has always been weak. Giving a semi retirement speech after losing to Maidana, getting that huge tattoo on his back then getting it covered up because a comment his dad made, self destruction in the Mayweather fight, drama out side the ring, problems with trainers/managers. He's not stable. You just can't count on this kid who is not really even a kid anymore. Maybe it's because of dysfunction growing up but such a sad story of wasted talent.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
          Vic should get with Atlas. Ortiz strikes me as the type that needs that drill sergeant style trainer to get him to take anything seriously.

I still think him vs Rios can still be a big fight.
          Dude wouldn't show up (Victor). He can't take the heat.

Comment

Vicquitter Ortiz lacks the heart of a winner too soft

VicQuit doesn't have it inside to be great in boxing and lacks the heart and the will to win. Once a fighter gives up and submits to pain it demoralizes that fighter forever. Doubt sets in and fear accompanies that Doubt. Vic as in QUIT is a loser nothing more. It's over for the softie.

Comment

New found respect for Diaz, every trainer at the elite level should have the, "put up, shut up, or get the F out of my gym" type attitude. As for Ortiz, dude should just retire if hes complaining about training out of Indio, its only like 1hr 45mins from Ventura and about 2.5hrs from Vegas. Theres plenty of places to party in between.

Comment

Vic is a headcase. We all knew this already

Comment

WAR ORTIZ!! And good for him because Diaz sucks. Diaz is a very mediocre trainer. Ortiz is better off smoking pot in Kansas and training himself, or teaming up with Roach/Garcia.

Comment

Working...
                  X