No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson Signs with Golden Boy Promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson Signs with Golden Boy Promotions

Junior welterweight titleholder Lamont Peterson has been added to the Golden Boy Promotions stable, according to a press release issued by the promoter on Monday.

“I’m excited to sign with Golden Boy Promotions and the opportunity to work with them again,” Peterson was attributed as saying in the statement. “Being with Golden Boy really gives me the opportunity to make the best fights in my division. I want to fight the best in the world at 140, and I know that can happen as a member of Golden Boy. I'm optimistic, because this is a decision that will help further my career.”

[Click Here To Read More]

GBP getting a strong hold on that 140 pound division.

This probably means we will get an IBF title match between Peterson and Matthysse later in the year.

Comment

means garcia will end up fighting peterson instead of mathysse

Comment

Cool ! Peterson at 140 can survive Matthysse Power

Peterson destroys easy Barbie Boricua (Daniela Garcia)

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
          means garcia will end up fighting peterson instead of mathysse
          or vice versa...mattysse will end up fighting peterson

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            GBP getting a strong hold on that 140 pound division.

This probably means we will get an IBF title match between Peterson and Matthysse later in the year.
            I wouldent mind that fight. One question though will they let him take his testosterone pellets?

Comment

They probably signed him to be their sacrificial lamb.... Hopefully he upsets those plans

Comment

NOOOOOO! I think him being a free agent was better, he could work with GBP and TR. I was hoping to see Peterson vs Rios at least. Now there is almost no one for Rios to fight at 140 now. They are all with GB.

Comment

Interesting. I think GBP maybe should have waited to see what happens with the Kendall Holt fight. Peterson could lose to Holt. Maybe they feel he'll make money either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    or vice versa...mattysse will end up fighting peterson
                    Yeah also this is possible, but I see Khan getting his rematch first.

Comment

Working...
                    X