Jump Rope Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump Rope Question

Hey guys,

Thought I would post here with a quick question - thanks in advance for any help given.

I have been jumping rope for about an hour a day for 2 weeks from being a complete beginner - it is one hell of a workout. However I have not given myself any rest at all.

The only rest I have had is between sessions and then each day for about an hour i am jumping/skipping.

My question is that after jumping rope and sometimes during my knees ache.

There is no real pain, just an ache like when you walk for miles or job.

Is this normal and do I just need to give it a rest for a bit?

My technique is correct, or at least I think it is, knees slightly bent, arms by the sides and using the wrist to turn the rope, landing on the balls off my feet etc...

I also have some gym flooring and soft trainers so it is just a case that because it is a new exercise my joints need to get accustomed?

Thanks,

Chris

I would give it a rest for a bit, maybe a couple days

Comment

try nd jumprope on a yoga mat or wooden floor to soften the impact when you land.. nd jump over the jumprope in different variations not always the same bounce on both feet

Comment

Originally posted by Chri5123 View Post
        Hey guys,

Thought I would post here with a quick question - thanks in advance for any help given.

I have been jumping rope for about an hour a day for 2 weeks from being a complete beginner - it is one hell of a workout. However I have not given myself any rest at all.

The only rest I have had is between sessions and then each day for about an hour i am jumping/skipping.

My question is that after jumping rope and sometimes during my knees ache.

There is no real pain, just an ache like when you walk for miles or job.

Is this normal and do I just need to give it a rest for a bit?

My technique is correct, or at least I think it is, knees slightly bent, arms by the sides and using the wrist to turn the rope, landing on the balls off my feet etc...

I also have some gym flooring and soft trainers so it is just a case that because it is a new exercise my joints need to get accustomed?

Thanks,

Chris

An hour skipping without a break for a complete beginner is quite a lot. It probably translates to the equivalent of running 8 miles......and for a beginner to run 8 miles a day without building up would be a sure route to injury or burnout.

But good for you; you have good work ethic. Perhaps 20 mins skipping, 20 mins on the heavy bag and 20 mins on the wall to ceiling ball would help keep things fresh and injuries/aches to a minimum.

Comment

That might be overdoing it a bit. A half hour of skipping should be good.

Comment

Working...
          X