Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is with the "If he's a champion, you have to take the belt from him" thing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is with the "If he's a champion, you have to take the belt from him" thing

i mean if you win the fight, you win the fight

just another ******* excuse

they keep piling up

Comment

That was back in the day when refs were more lax and allowed fighters to be beat half the death in the ring.

Comment

If a basketball team beats Dallas Mavericks, the defending NBA champions, 125 to 124, Dallas actually gets the win. Everybody knows this, it's an unwritten rule. You have to beat the defending champions by at least 5-10 points to win.

In the MLB, teams will have to beat Texas Rangers by at least 3 runs. Also, if the game ends up being close like 2-1 with Rangers losing, if the opposing team did not strike out more than 10 Rangers batters and decided to play it safe by letting their defense get the outs instead of having the pitchers get the strike outs...Rangers get the win.

You want the win? Take the win.

Comment

when green bay play their next game, the score should be 10-0 even before the game starts.

i mean they are the defending sb champions.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            If a basketball team beats Dallas Mavericks, the defending NBA champions, 125 to 124, Dallas actually gets the win. Everybody knows this, it's an unwritten rule. You have to beat the defending champions by at least 5-10 points to win.

In the MLB, teams will have to beat Texas Rangers by at least 3 runs. Also, if the game ends up being close like 2-1 with Rangers losing, if the opposing team did not strike out more than 10 Rangers batters and decided to play it safe by letting their defense get the outs instead of having the pitchers get the strike outs...Rangers get the win.

You want the win? Take the win.
            I really hope you are being sarcastic.

Comment

In my own view, its a benefit of the doubt mechanism to help determine a winner on a round by round basis. While flawed, I think it provides the right amount of incentive for a challenger to take more initiative.

If two fighters are neck and neck in a round in terms punches landed, thrown and overall control of the round, I think its 'fair' to award that specific round to the champ, by virtue that its the challenger's job to take that round.

Defending champ by definition means that you are doing what is necessary to just keep your title and by contrasts, the onus is on the challenger to remove all doubt as to who is the winner of the rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Pactards GTFO View Post

they keep piling up
                They Just keep coming, lol

And you don't stay champion by getting out boxed for more rounds in the sport called .......BOXING.

Comment

Originally posted by Pactards GTFO View Post

they keep piling up
                  yup... lol

Comment

People just love to throw out excuses everytime the favourite and most liked fighters doesn't come out looking like they won, if it wasn't that excuse it would be " I scored it 6-6 rounds each but the knockdown made the difference"

Comment

Working...
                    X