Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather-Guerrero, Discussions Begin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe I hear people whining about Mayweather POSSIBLY fighting Guerrero. Is that a fight I care to see right now? No. But what the **** is Manny Pacquiao fighting Marquez for again? Oh and wait if he wins, he's lined up to face Rios? GTFOH.

Who else is there for Guerrero to fight at 147 anyway that would make him more of a worthy opponent for Floyd? The fight I want to see is Canelo Mayweather. But this isn't some garbage fight. It's probably the best fight at 147 for Mayweather though. We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
      I can't believe I hear people whining about Mayweather POSSIBLY fighting Guerrero. Is that a fight I care to see right now? No. But what the **** is Manny Pacquiao fighting Marquez for again? Oh and wait if he wins, he's lined up to face Rios? GTFOH.

Who else is there for Guerrero to fight at 147 anyway that would make him more of a worthy opponent for Floyd? The fight I want to see is Canelo Mayweather. But this isn't some garbage fight. It's probably the best fight at 147 for Mayweather though. We'll see.
      Couldn't have said it better and bares repeating.

This guy calls out Floyd on live TV after a huge win, unlike some "fighter of the decade", talks begin about a possible meeting, and the haters think it's going to be "too easy" for Floyd.

And THAT'S how good they know Floyd is. Ya gotta laugh sometimes.

Comment

• Mayweather wins against Guerrero won' be easy

Mayweather fight Manny right now, Guerrero is more of a threat.

Comment

• Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
          out of curiosity who would that be?
          Guerrero of course. His accomplishments rival those of Henry Armstrong and Roberto Duran. This puts him in elite company. We always wanted to know how Floyd would fare against Sugar Ray Robinson and Sugar Ray Leonard. The Guerrero fight would give us a glimpse of how those matchups would play out.

Seriously though you know exactly who I'm referring too. The guy he killed negotiations with by offering him 0% of Pay Per View revenue. A guy that can generate over 800,000 pay per view buys on his own.

I'm giving Floyd the benefit of the doubt because last time he spoke on Guerrero he said "Absolutely not. I'm not giving that to the fans. I don't even know who he is, but I wish him the best."

But as time goes by, he's looking more and more like he's ducking the "little guy"

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          Floyd fights Guerrero

Floyd takes his 9 rounds

Floyd wins UD

Floyd takes his 20-30 million

Floyd makes a video or two flashing the money he made from you

Floyd retires for another year...maybe a year and a half

Is this what you want? Not me. I'll be streaming this one.

Apparently this is acceptable by a lot of fans.

Comment

• Not a great fight but there's not many options out there.

GBP's main goal, IMO, is to make Canelo-Cotto and try and have the winner fight Mayweather.

Who else is out there for Mayweather to fight? Options are low.

I prefer this fight over Canelo anyway. Until he beats someone like Cotto or another top 154 Lber.

However, if Cotto loses on Saturday then the plans will change.

Comment

• What other 147 Pounder is out there to fight?

Brook? Paulie? Zaveck? NSB is full of shyt. In that RBR thread about 90% of the posters said Floyd would duck The Ghost.

Oops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                The Ghost has 2 wins at 147 against Aydin and Berto and its considered a bad fight (according to pacfans) if he fights Mayweather.

Bam Bam has 1 fight against the legendary Mike Alvarado at 140 and when pac fights him he becomes a great fighter and its considered a good fight.

Talk about double standards.

The ghost smashes Bam Bam all day long at 147, not even a close fight. And at 147 is probably the toughest fight that can get made for Mayweather. He's earned his shot
                Biased logic.

Mayweather says he wants pac and pac alone. Few days later conversating on a Guerro fight instead.

Pac is about to fight instead of pulling this after the fight is a dead giveaway he was ducking in the first place.

Pac vs BamBam is an all action fight/fan friendly since obviously Floyd is out the picture for the next 2 years now?

That is not the same ordeal. You have one fighter that is fighting once a year and announcing his fight a week prior to the other fighter's big fight. The other fighting multiple fights and if your talking options. He's beaten all his options.

Good things happen to good people. So I can't hate on the Ghost getting a payday. Yet, the *****s need to realize this was the plan from the beginning and your boy is scared. You aren't using logic and just plain biased when facts are right in front of you. Congrats.

Comment

• Hope this doesn't happen

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
                    I can't believe I hear people whining about Mayweather POSSIBLY fighting Guerrero. Is that a fight I care to see right now? No. But what the **** is Manny Pacquiao fighting Marquez for again? Oh and wait if he wins, he's lined up to face Rios? GTFOH.

Your missing the point so much its ridiculous.

1. If Floyd was an active fighter, NOBODY would have a problem with him fighting Guerrero. It's basically a consensus.

2. The reality is, Floyd is not an active fighter. He fights one time per year. If that one fight for 2013 is Guerrero, than this is a garbage fight and he deserves to be criticized. If he's going to fight once per year, and charge $1,500 for lower level seats, it should be against somebody ranked in the top 5 p4p. There are two qualified candidates who are willing to fight him on that list.

Comment

• 147 went from white hot to stone cold. With JMM-Pac 4 (lol) and possibly FMJ-Ghost, we've got the top 2 welters fighting lightweights, lmao. I guess Ghost at least made a case by stomping Berto.

Comment

Working...
                      X