Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    it's an alt.
    of course it is. trying to kick up **** when you can't compare them until they are BOTH retired.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
      He couldn't win with Penny because of a better center in Olajuwan, and Duncan and Robinson in their early years together put their foot down on the west.
      wtf?

duncan came into the league a year after kobe.

spurs actually only was good 1 year in the 90's when they won the lockout season.

spurs didn't win again 'til the lakers 3peat was over in the 2000's.

duncan and robinson didn't put their foot down in the west in the 90's. they had 1 good season.

Comment

1. yes he does have better stats.

2. yes he has better accomplishments , it doesn't **** on kobe's though. there are accomplishments kobe is in reach of passing jordan.

3. "sidekick" kobe is stupid to say. it's media talk. kobe was a shaq sidekick for the 1st half of his career. you can call him a sidekick up to 2000 their 1st title. after that they were close to equal and some give kobe the edge.

people sometimes only watch the finals and see shaq dominate (eastern teams who made the finals had no big men)

i suggest you look up all the western conf playoffs of the lakers 2000-2004.

4. jordan didn't show signs of decline in his early 30's? LMAO
        the only thing kobe's gonna accomplish is he'll pass micheal in total points scored, and thats becaz kobe's gonna be in the league longer.

and between 200-2003 shaq averaged about 28pts, 10rbs, 3 assists,
        kobe wasnt doing **** like that till about the 03-04 season, but for the 1st half his carrer he was shaq's lil brotha.

yeah shaq is so great.

tell me again why he couldn't win with prime penny hardaway?

tell me again why he couldn't win with 2 all star guards in van exel and jones?

yeah he was solely responsible for kobe's success.

fat ass has to wait for a 17 yr. old kid to get some experience.
        why couldnt he win with hardaway?
        he mad it to the finals but sometimes **** dont work. look at john stockto and karl malone, perhaps the best duo in nba history, never won a ring. and shaq lost in the finals to hakeem , but shaq was really really young. and the reason he never made it bakk was because of JORDAN lol

Comment

i didn't say he wasn't very good in his 30's.

i'm responding to his post when he said "kobe is showing signs of declining" (which kobe is ATHLETICALLY) but he didn't think jordan wasn't declining.

jordan also began slowing down a little. still great though.
          Everyones athleticism goes with age. Lebron will be a power forward in a few years, when he can no longer blow by little guys with athleticism. Kobe is good, and his style of play is being worked on to be like tht of Jordans, but other than shooting threes I don't see anything Kobe could touch Jordan on. Jdan declined without a doubt. The Jordan of the late 80s, was much quicker and a lot more athletic than the Jordan who was winning championships in the late 90s, but his ball IQ shot selection, and mid to long range game got a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            of course it is. trying to kick up **** when you can't compare them until they are BOTH retired.
            you can't compare them really.

they took 2 different paths in their career.

jordan went to a bad team and was the man right away.

kobe went to a contender with 3-4 all stars his rookie season.

hard to compare them since they took different paths and as such their stats are off (plus different eras of course which affect stats as well)

people tend to forget , jordan's best seasons statistically was the years in which he didn't win anything.

Comment

Everyones athleticism goes with age. Lebron will be a power forward in a few years, when he can no longer blow by little guys with athleticism. Kobe is good, and his style of play is being worked on to be like tht of Jordans, but other than shooting threes I don't see anything Kobe could touch Jordan on. Jdan declined without a doubt. The Jordan of the late 80s, was much quicker and a lot more athletic than the Jordan who was winning championships in the late 90s, but his ball IQ shot selection, and mid to long range game got a lot better.
              jordan is better in most areas. i wouldn't say he was MUCH BETTER though. better but i don't know about much.

jordan had better shooting selection and smarts.

kobe tries too hard and is stubborn which sometimes is a negative.

kobe does some amazing **** , better than jordan.

but the thing is...... it's because jordan was too smart to try some of the **** kobe does. kobe's amazing shots are terrible , awful shots. it just happens to go in.

Comment

you can't compare them really.

they took 2 different paths in their career.

jordan went to a bad team and was the man right away.

kobe went to a contender with 3-4 all stars his rookie season.

hard to compare them since they took different paths and as such their stats are off (plus different eras of course which affect stats as well)

people tend to forget , jordan's best seasons statistically was the years in which he didn't win anything.
                Loyalty was another seperating facotr between the two.

Comment

jordan is better in most areas. i wouldn't say he was MUCH BETTER though. better but i don't know about much.

jordan had better shooting selection and smarts.

kobe tries too hard and is stubborn which sometimes is a negative.

kobe does some amazing **** , better than jordan.

but the thing is...... it's because jordan was too smart to try some of the **** kobe does. kobe's amazing shots are terrible , awful shots. it just happens to go in.
                  Only Reggie Miller can make those impossible shots on the regular.

Comment

Originally posted by TredKiller View Post
                    the only thing kobe's gonna accomplish is he'll pass micheal in total points scored, and thats becaz kobe's gonna be in the league longer.

and between 200-2003 shaq averaged about 28pts, 10rbs, 3 assists,
                    kobe wasnt doing **** like that till about the 03-04 season, but for the 1st half his carrer he was shaq's lil brotha.
                    better check your stats again.

by the time of their 1st title (1999-2000) kobe was clearly the sidekick.

kobe was rising though and shaq start falling a bit.

by the time of their 2nd and 3rd titles , they were on equal footing.

there's a reason jerry buss chose to go with kobe instead of shaq

Comment

Only Reggie Miller can make those impossible shots on the regular.
                      reggie don't take stupid shots like kobe does though. plus he is a better pure shooter.

reggie would pass when doubled.

kobe would try to shoot over 3 guys. that's why his fg % isn't as good as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                      X