No announcement yet.

FACTORS IN COTTO vs PAC.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
    The Hatton win was impressive in its fashion but Hatton was sliding downhill fast, still a good win for stepping up and fighting astrong physical guy like HAtton.
    he had the second best win of his career when he domianted malignaggi the fight before.

Comment

This fight is over before it beging. While it will be an entertaining fight and I expect some drama to take place, Cotto as good as he is he wont be able to stand 12 round with Pacquiao work rate and explosiveness. Pacquiao is smoking right now and this is a really bad match for Cotto because of Pacquiao speed.

Comment

people keep saying speed will be the determining factor. but the fact is cotto can do well to minimize that asset. what will make pac come over the edge. will be heart, kill mode, and workrate.

pac will not let up NOT LIKE ZAB
        he will sure as hell come at him if he sees cotto open NOT LIKE CLOTTY
        his work rate will accompany his speed and power Just like Mosley PLUS THE ABOVE

pac is a different animal.

BBBBBut he is not a true welterweight. cotto puts him on the ropes, times pac, outboxes him in the first 6. PAC IS DONE.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Winky Wright View Post
          No one is comparing PAC to Carlos Quintana OR Shane, Or Zab OR Margarito (god no) Or Joshua Clotty... Do you see where I'm going here.

What would you say the difference is between the two? somethings that we can ultimately bridge a huge defining factor that could weigh heavy heavy significance on defining the out come.

Over the past 2 years look at the variety of opponets in styles and speed or heavy handedness Cotto has fought and when he fought them, they all share a commonality. They where at their peak of their ability.

Now let's look at Then look at Pac. We have Barerra (past prime) JMM , DIAZ (sorry but a bum), DE LA HOYA (name sounds really big...but just that in the fight), Hatton ( 1 gear fighter).

Based on the pure level of competition Cotto has been fighting the best at their best. You can't argue that. Even Freddy Roach Preaches that...

To be the best, you _____________. PERIOD. When it comes fight night that apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.

Pac ability or his level of competition? well...One is synonymous with the other. He is moving up in weight, so is his body and his chin so is the extra weight to cope with how heavy Cotto will be(naturally). Pac has to fight at a high level for 12 rounds. Cotto is no stranger to that. Pac is not in with someone who will sit on the ropes and not fire back or someone who isn't afraid to take a chance or someone who hasn't gotten off the canvas before to win.

I wouldn't say his ability is worlds apart from jmm or Morales but if you going back that far to find a decent opponent at a lower weight class and out of their prime... that's a huge stretch for the imagination.
          wow, you really know how to **** on a fighter's resume... let me do the same to cotto:

Carlos Quintana - bum that Pwill KOed in 1 round

OR Shane - cotto robbed shane in msg

, Or Zab - cotto lowblowed zab and zab lost focus for the rest of the fight

OR Margarito (god no) - margo butt****ed cotto and then made him take a knee and made him a quitter

Or Joshua Clotty... - arguably beat cotto

see how easy it is? so stop discrediting pac.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            he had the second best win of his career when he domianted malignaggi the fight before.
            Malignaggi seemed to start to fall apart after the N'dou fight, maybe his constantly injured hand was behind it in fact I heard him reference that a time or two.

Comment

good post. i agree somewhat with your first points, that cotto fought higher levels of opposition in recent times. BUT if you want your argument follows that PAC will not be able to hang, i dont agree at all here. When comparing cotto's opposition to pac's, we must consider the fact that Pac is moving up in weight while fighting top opponents. Cotto does not move up here. not saying that this is in his disadvantage, im just saying Pac's opposition should be looked at in this manner as well.

Im still rooting for pac, but its good to have some of your points in mind. **** I WANT THE FIGHT TO START ALREADY. talking about it is like getting teased fu ckkkk...

Comment

Working...
              X