Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Understanding Pacquiao's past martial arts influence...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacman always point to God as the source of his stregnth,
    He prays before and after each fight

Some Boxing personalities see him as the BRUCE LEE of Boxing,

Others plays the "ACCUSERS" making unsupported allegations that Pacman is on drugs/steroid!

Pacman made the boxing world again very exciting when the heavyweight divisions started to go down in popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMagicMan View Post
      Dude Aikido is like dancing, they dont actually spar or fight, they dance, and then youre supposed to pretend that moves are hitting you, its bull****. They dont actually apply wristlocks, they mime them, Segal is infamous for not going along with his opponents moves and for applying real pressure on his moves.

man, why do you flaunt your idiocy, youre a complete idiot, study the subject before you talk about them. aikido is one of the deadliest martial arts. they always go for the kill. they teach you not only to break bones but to go all out and kill. they employ concept of judo using the strength of their opponents to themselves thats why you seem to see no pressure at all. they go along to the movement of their enemy as if they are one yet it is in the point where they are off balance that they strike, and they strike to maim and then go for the kill. aikido is far better than tae kwon do or karate IMO.
      karate and tae kwon do uses own energy to attack and inflict damage in aikido as in judo theres economy on a strike which makes it more efficient. darn i hate to explain to idiots...

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
        if I remember correctly.. Pacquiao has been in the sport of boxing since he was 16. I highly doubt he has had any other martial arts training.
        pac was into muay thai too. dont ask me any link...am lazy to do it. just gogle it or find an interview about roach regarding mma. where he also said that pac has a muay thai background.

btw, the bamboo stick hitting pac during training in forearms, abs, etc. is also what muay thai practitioners do.

Comment

I am a Pac fan but i don't believe Pac took any kind of Filipino martial arts before boxing. Pacquiao was linked to martial arts because Emmanuel Steward commented on the big calves of Pac, referring that Pac did kickboxing. Steward confused muay thai(thai boxing), confusing the origin of it(Thailand), thinking it was in Philippines. The only version of Filipino martial arts i knew is called Sikaran Arnis located in the province of Rizal(where i grew up). In the region where Pac grew, their version of Arnis has no kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
            As a practitioner of FMA (Filipino Martial Arts) this couldn't be furthered from the truth that he didn't learn FMA. FMA have their own kickboxing called Kali/Escrima/Arnis/Silat/Kuntaw...

And Pacquiao have practiced some form or variation of the FMA.

If anybody who hasn't heard, try GOOGLING the said names of the arts above and Guro Dan Inosanto. The only remaining heir to Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do. (there's 3 of them who earned the Tao of Jeet Kune Do and Jun Fan Jeet kune Do)

Guro Dan is Bruce Lee's most famous student. This linke is called PANANTUKAN (A Visayan term for SUNTUKAN, suntok meant punch in Tagalog)

Not undermining the great training and teaching of Freddie Roach but if you look at the influence of the FMA, it is the multi-hits, all angle hitting, leverage and footworks that Pacquiao has already employed.

I think you're grasping at straws here.

Pac is a boxer, just because he multi-hits or has combinations as known in boxing doesn't mean he learn't martial arts.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              Truth:

i think this picture was taken when pac was participating in a reality show, where pinoy celebrities get to do challenges and this episode was done in thailand. its a local tv station that produced this show and when pac was already famous.

ive seen pac fight even before when he was sporting blonde highlight hair.
              it was "blow by blow" boxing event. it had ron nathanielz as the fight announcer with ed picson and/or quinito henson as fight analyst.

wow that was a long time ago.

Comment

i remember seeing on 24/7 that Pac said he was trained with Karate when he was young

Comment

Originally posted by boracay420 View Post
                  i remember seeing on 24/7 that Pac said he was trained with Karate when he was young
                  Oddly, i remember him saying that too.

Comment

Working...
                  X