Canelo Alvarez Prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From 27 through about 30/31

Comment

I think he'll reach his peak in 2 years, max out in 4-5 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
        If he fought him now at any weight you still would discredit it so who really cares man..
        Umm.. Canelo at 155 while he's coming off(just b4) his best career win over Cotto and now holds the MW belt?
        Umm.... FARRRRRRRRR better than Canelo at 152, green as herbs, coming off of a win over Trout, who in retrospect isn't anything to look anything

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          This... Wilfred Benitez, champion at 17... shot at 26. I think Canelo will be reaching his expiration date around the time he hits 28.
          Wilfred fought in a harder era with better opposition. The wear & tear from fighting in modern timez is lighter.

Comment

I think he is close to prime now. Maybe a few more fights would put him in his full prime both physically and experience wise. He is probably as strong now as he ever will be and that's damn strong.

Comment

If he fought him now at any weight you still would discredit it so who really cares man..
              You guys do it with Pacquiao all the time. You even said catch weights were bad...........................till Floyd did it.

Comment

I see it happening at the usual age, 27-30.

He's still developing physically on top of learning as a fighter, he's got a few years of growth left. By age 29 you'll see a bigger, stronger, more skilled and more intelligent version.
                Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 05-13-2016, 02:22 AM.

Comment

He's in his prime right now. Been a pro for over 10 years. Been fighting at a high level for over 4. It's the beginning of his prime depending on how much punishment he takes in his next few fights it could last anywhere from 2-4 more years. I don't expect to see Canelo fighting at a high level past 30.

Comment

but he didnt and wouldnt

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                      He's in his prime right now. Been a pro for over 10 years. Been fighting at a high level for over 4. It's the beginning of his prime depending on how much punishment he takes in his next few fights it could last anywhere from 2-4 more years. I don't expect to see Canelo fighting at a high level past 30.
                      Canelo didn't get hit hard up to this point... In case GGG fights him at 100%, Canelo's career may derail... In case Canelo manages to somehow duck GGG (or gets some sort of a "friendly match" with him) then he may enjoy a long and fruitful career...

Comment

Working...
                      X