Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: World Of Boxing Wins Wilder-Povetkin Purse Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dibella said it's happening even if it's in Russia.

Comment

On #WilderPovetkin, Loudibella: 'If they put fight in Russia then I hope Mr. Putin can personally attend so he can watch Sasha get KO'd'.. im already excited

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

Less than half of what I guessed
        That's a weird bid on Dibella's part. Sounds like they got bad information. Boxtime must have texted him that Team Povetkin was going to bid $5,100,000.

Comment

Well Wilder gets 70%.

Comment

Interesting. I expected DiBella to go higher.

Comment

Comments Thread For: World Of Boxing Wins Wilder-Povetkin Purse Bid

Andrey Ryabinsky's World of Boxing (WoB) has secured the rights to promote the World Boxing Council (WBC) heavyweight title fight between unbeaten champ Deontay Wilder and mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin.

WoB - Povetkin's promoter - submitted a winning amount of $7.15 million during Friday's purse bid hearing at Grand Hyatt Miami in Miami, Florida. The only other bidder present was representatives from DiBella Entertainment, Wilder's promoter who submitted just over $5.1 million.
              [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                That's a weird bid on Dibella's part. Sounds like they got bad information. Boxtime must have texted him that Team Povetkin was going to bid $5,100,000.
                I do not think they cared about winning the purse bid, knowing Wilder would get 70% of the purse.

Comment

Originally posted by thabanga510 View Post
                  Well Wilder gets 70%.
                  Wilder will get around 4.5m if he loses (63%)
                  Or around 5.2m if he wins (73%)

Comment

lightweight shocked the winning bid was only $7m. For some reason i thought it would be in the $15m-$20m range

Comment

Russian mafia with the sponsorship bid! bombsquad!

Comment

Working...
                      X