Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pernell Whitaker vs. Sugar Ray Leonard.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pernell Whitaker vs. Sugar Ray Leonard.

Who would win if they were the same size?

Fantasy Fight section...................

what if Zarate' was 6' 3" 222lbs how soon would he KO Wlad?

really this sort of "fantasy" crap is whats dragging this forum down. No offense VG but I know you could come up with better threads than the "imaginary bout"!
    Ray.

....I'll take Zarate' inside 4 rds.

Comment

well if it happened at 147 SRL knocks him out.

Comment

Close fight but Leonard would find a way to win like he always seems to do..

I think he would beat pernell similar to how he beat Benitez

Comment

I really dislike SRL, but the dude would flatten P-Whit eventually.

Comment

no need for them to be same size, Whitaker spent a large chunk of his time at 147 and was, before the Oscar/Tito era the best welter on the planet.

But SRL would flatten him. Simple as.

Comment

interesting variables Ray would have a power advantage and Parnell would box I think Ray would stop him but only after losing some rounds

Comment

No contest... At the end of a bout that wouldn't go the distance, Pernell would be one sour pea.

Comment

I'm surprised everyone says SRL knocks Whitaker out. I know Leonard was one of the best ever at welterweight, but surely Sweet Pea was good enough to at least go the distance with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
                    I'm surprised everyone says SRL knocks Whitaker out. I know Leonard was one of the best ever at welterweight, but surely Sweet Pea was good enough to at least go the distance with him?
                    I totally agree and was thinking the same thing..

I think it looks like the benitez fight and SRL would win a decision,, but to say leonard would stomp him is not an accurate statement..

Cracked out pernell went 12 hard rounds with prime oscar and tito.. Im sure he could do the same with SRL

Comment

Working...
                    X