Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revisiting Margarito's hand wraps I am very curious about smth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He obviously cheated there is scientific proof he got caught plaster handed literally, and everyone butt his nutthugs (who just happen to be Mexican) deny it, the only thing anyone really cares about finding out is for how long was he using it. Unfortunately there is no way of knowing that.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      He got caught attempting to cheat anyone who actually thinks he was able to smuggle illegal wraps in the ring and use them in a sanctioned fight in the United States is stupid beyond belief
      You must have forgotten that the only reason he was caught is because Richardson protested. His hands were wrapped right in front of someone from the commission and they didnt even catch it. But you're probably right, I mean they can never be fooled.

Comment

These Margarito trolls annoy the sh^t outta me. If some of you lazy conspiracy theorists Google Capetillo's interview with The Ring he admits to making and using tampered gauze pads. What he denies is intentionally using it during the Mosely fight and in the Cotto fight. But Margarito and Capetillo are both POSs... If you search YouTube you will find They hardened the pads and used them in sparring ruining Rashad Halloway's eye, breaking his socket and ruining his vision. So those 2 a-holes knew what they were doing. They used in sparring, got away with using them in the Cotto fight, and got busted during the Mosely fight. And anyone who supports these scumbags needs to look long and hard in the mirror.

http://youtu.be/lduFFJj2P6I

Comment

Here you go Margarito apologists, fanboys, and conspiracy theorists... Straight from Capetillo's mouth. Now go crawl in a hole somewhere.

http://m.******.craveonline.com/blog...d-wrap-scandal

There is speculation within the boxing community that Capetillo knew his fighter had no shot of beating Mosley going into the fight, which is why he resorted to loading his fighter’s hand wraps with used training gauze that had been hardened by traces of a plaster-like substance, as well as sweat and blood.

Capetillo admits that he was worried in the days leading into the fight but denies that his makeshift wrap inserts were premeditated.

“I started panicking the week of the fight,” he said. “I knew we were in deep s__t, and we couldn’t tell anyone. It was too late to pull out of the fight. But I want to make it clear that I did not plan what happened. Maybe I was feeling the pressure of the fight and not paying attention to what I was doing when I reached into my bag and grabbed the training gauze, but I didn’t do it on purpose.

“I made a mistake. I wasn’t trying to hide anything. I just screwed up, and I did it in front of Mosley’s trainer and the commissioners. I was just under a lot of pressure because I knew we shouldn’t have taken the fight, I knew Tony was in trouble and I knew that I had put him in that position. I wrapped Tony’s hands four times in front of Mosley’s trainer and the commissioners and two representatives from Golden Boy (Promotions) after they found the gauze. I admitted then that I made a mistake

“I confessed to the commission after the fight. I took responsibility for my actions and I think I’ve been punished as if Tony had fought with the gauze.”

Capetillo said that he thanks God every day that Margarito did not fight with the gauze inserts.

“I’ve trained fighters in L.A. for 30 years, I’ve known Shane Mosley since he was a little kid,” he said. “I would never want to hurt him. I would never want one of my fighters to seriously hurt any fighter. I live in their world. I know how they suffer in this sport. I know how they sacrifice. I know what they go through to make it to the top. I know that they get screwed over by promoters and managers. I respect fighters more than anyone.”

Capetillo said the criminal image that has hounded him since the incident is a constant source of shame.

“I wish the Mosley fight was a nightmare that I could wake up from because I feel horrible about it,” he said. “I feel bad for the shame I’ve brought my family in Mexico. I feel bad for letting my fighter down and for letting his fans down. To them, and to the entire sport of boxing, I want to say I’m sorry. I want to apologize to everybody.

Yet still some moron will find the need to post yet another "Margarito is innocent" thread. GTFOH

Comment

Originally posted by I don't lose View Post
            no dummy. the results said it contained "elements of". Meaning, when you post here, you do so as the element of a person, reason being is that you're missing the most critical part to make someone, the brain.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            Can you please explain why elements of plaster were found in his wraps? Not taking away from Margarito, hes an entertaining fighter, but why were there elements of ANYTHING in his wraps besides the tape and wraps itself?
            Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 11-21-2013, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Karma set in. You see what happened to that scumbag right? Karma always prevails.

And the scumbag fanatics who think that he was set up can go kiss Larry Holmes's big black behind, lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                These Margarito trolls annoy the sh^t outta me. If some of you lazy conspiracy theorists Google Capetillo's interview with The Ring he admits to making and using tampered gauze pads. What he denies is intentionally using it during the Mosely fight and in the Cotto fight. But Margarito and Capetillo are both POSs... If you search YouTube you will find They hardened the pads and used them in sparring ruining Rashad Halloway's eye, breaking his socket and ruining his vision. So those 2 a-holes knew what they were doing. They used in sparring, got away with using them in the Cotto fight, and got busted during the Mosely fight. And anyone who supports these scumbags needs to look long and hard in the mirror.

http://youtu.be/lduFFJj2P6I
                Well said. And you provided some proof.

Comment

I'd never seen a fighters face piss blood the way Cotto's was on that night. Also, did you guys catch the fight where Tony basically tore this guys' ear to shreds?

Boxing gloves aren't that jagged.

Doesn't take away from the fact that Shane and Pac sonned him, Cotto effectively retiring him. A crowd pleaser no doubt, but at what cost?

C'mon son..

Comment

You can't make it go away by creating some kind of conspiracy that he was set up. He got caught and he did his time! This is from someone that was a Margs fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      The article in question
                      thank you man, that was very insightful

Comment

Working...
                      X