No announcement yet.

Religion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
    I don't care what you believe in, just show respect for other people's beliefs. Where is respect in name callings?

Weather you are atheist or whatever, you will get respect from me and from most of the Christian and Muslim pinoys here as long as you give back.

This the reason why I have high regards for the likes of talip and fabie. They can disagree without name callings.
    tnx dale...

a true religious experience (the meditative, transcendent type) happening in a plane higher than everyday consciousness is at the bleeding edge of scientific research... transpersonal psychology this, use of LSD that... i conjecture that rastafarians, bob marley in particular are deeply religious because weed when properly used, opens up the collective unconscious through jungian archetypes that enables them to have that true religious experience...

see, spirituality, religion and logic are sourced from the human experience... its just that logic is fine-tuned to the materialistic way of looking things which most of us unconsciously adhere to... spirituality is just as valid...

just my 2 cents...

Comment

• Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
      tnx dale...

a true religious experience (the meditative, transcendent type) happening in a plane higher than everyday consciousness is at the bleeding edge of scientific research... transpersonal psychology this, use of LSD that... i conjecture that rastafarians, bob marley in particular are deeply religious because weed when properly used, opens up the collective unconscious through jungian archetypes that enables them to have that true religious experience...

see, spirituality, religion and logic are sourced from the human experience... its just that logic is fine-tuned to the materialistic way of looking things which most of us unconsciously adhere to... spirituality is just as valid...

just my 2 cents...
      I honestly, do not understand why some resort to name calling when their opinion is challenged or differs from others. I keep reading comments in many threads where people are calling each other idiot, moron, stupid and worse.

Some people have no idea how to defend themselves with wit and class, so they resort to the first grade version of defense and start personal insulting attacks.

But this ilest dude seems intelligent enough to argue his points with class. Why he doesn’t do so is a puzzle to me.

On another note bro, you sometimes post in riddles... speak English or tagalog man hehe.

you are OK in my book bro.

Comment

I honestly, do not understand why some resort to name calling when their opinion is challenged or differs from others. I keep reading comments in many threads where people are calling each other idiot, moron, stupid and worse.

Some people have no idea how to defend themselves with wit and class, so they resort to the first grade version of defense and start personal insulting attacks.

But this ilest dude seems intelligent enough to argue his points with class. Why he doesn’t do so is a puzzle to me.

On another note bro, you sometimes post in riddles... speak English or tagalog man hehe.

you are OK in my book bro.
        tagalog is my 3rd language... im a hybrid... dad is a malay singaporean and my mom is pinay... im born and raised in singapore...

but i had my college in la union... nice, quiet place there... i miss dinakdakan and the kinilaw...

Comment

tagalog is my 3rd language... im a hybrid... dad is a malay singaporean and my mom is pinay... im born and raised in singapore...

but i had my college in la union... nice, quiet place there... i miss dinakdakan and the kinilaw...
          I know kinilaw but what is dinakdakan?

Comment

I know kinilaw but what is dinakdakan?
            pig's ear that is marinated then boiled and heated in charcoal fire... once done, it is chopped and mixed with a pig's effin' brain seasoned with vinegar and pepper...

panalo brod...

Comment

pig's ear that is marinated then boiled and heated in charcoal fire... once done, it is chopped and mixed with a pig's effin' brain seasoned with vinegar and pepper...

panalo brod...

whoa, I haven't tried that yet. Damn... and I thought I have eaten all the best Ilocano food.

Comment

whoa, I haven't tried that yet. Damn... and I thought I have eaten all the best Ilocano food.
                you should try it... but be careful... some prepare it with mayo instead of the brain so its not really authentic...

i think dencio's or gerry's has it...

Comment

you should try it... but be careful... some prepare it with mayo instead of the brain so its not really authentic...

i think dencio's or gerry's has it...
                  Para palang sisig. I will definitely try it today at gerry's. Thanks for the tip bro.

My grandma's kilawing kambing and kilawin baka are my two favorite Ilocano dishes. sarapppppppppppppppp.

Comment

panalo brod...
                    Sounds like sisig to me, that's some variation of the way I cook sisig.

Comment

Para palang sisig. I will definitely try it today at gerry's. Thanks for the tip bro.

My grandma's kilawing kambing and kilawin baka are my two favorite Ilocano dishes. sarapppppppppppppppp.
                      SAbi ko nga. Me gerry's grill din dito, masubukan nga.

Parang biglang naging food thread to ah. Palitan kaya natin ang title.

Comment

Working...
                      X