No announcement yet.

Should the UFC pursue F.Emelianko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the UFC pursue F.Emelianko?

With F.Emelianko back and forth with different organizations, I think the UFC should grasp that opportunity and sign one the greatest p4p mma fighters right now, and also resign a deal with couture so everyone can the fight we've been waiting to see for a while. Emelianko has beaten the best of the best and deserves to fight with them also.

Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
    With F.Emelianko back and forth with different organizations, I think the UFC should grasp that opportunity and sign one the greatest p4p mma fighters right now, and also resign a deal with couture so everyone can the fight we've been waiting to see for a while. Emelianko has beaten the best of the best and deserves to fight with them also.
    He has beaten the best of the best in Pride but in UFC where the "best fighters in the world" are he has not. So yeah it would be awsome if Fedor got signed with the UFC. Take out the top competition if he can then maybe retire.

It would finally shut me up on what low competition he has fought recently because he has been fighting cans so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 2swell k-wells View Post
      He has beaten the best of the best in Pride but in UFC where the "best fighters in the world" are he has not. So yeah it would be awsome if Fedor got signed with the UFC. Take out the top competition if he can then maybe retire.

It would finally shut me up on what low competition he has fought recently because he has been fighting cans so far.
      you have to give him credit for the big fighters he chooses to fight, I wasn't his fan and still arn't but he is a top class fighter, I also think his recent fights are against lower class fighters but if he were to sign with the UFC, I can't see one guy stopping him other then if Couture comes back soon which I doubt he will

Comment

Originally posted by 2swell k-wells View Post
        He has beaten the best of the best in Pride but in UFC where the "best fighters in the world" are he has not.

the fighters he beat in Pride were better than anything UFC had at the time, and (besides Randy) pretty much better than anyone they've got now. who else does UFC have that would stand a chance? Mir? Silvia? are you kidding me? look what he did to Nog everytime and Nog's never been knocked out or submitted.

i think UFC wants to create more hype before anything goes down because that's what Dana's best at doing. IMO, we'll see Nog go up against Randy before Fedor. if Randy can make it past that (which i doubt) then Dana might put up the $$$ to get Fedor in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
          the fighters he beat in Pride were better than anything UFC had at the time, and (besides Randy) pretty much better than anyone they've got now. who else does UFC have that would stand a chance? Mir? Silvia? are you kidding me? look what he did to Nog everytime and Nog's never been knocked out or submitted.

i think UFC wants to create more hype before anything goes down because that's what Dana's best at doing. IMO, we'll see Nog go up against Randy before Fedor. if Randy can make it past that (which i doubt) then Dana might put up the $$$ to get Fedor in.
          well all them pride fighter aint really living up to their name now are they.

Comment

yeah that's true. nog, spider, and rampage sure are gettin taught a lesson....

Comment

wasn't anderson silva from cage rage b4 the ufc? rampage changed up his whole training routine since joining the ufc an its worked out well for him.
              and if the ufc is successful in signing Arlovski Nog won't b Champion much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post

I don't know if you know it but Couture isn't with UFC anymore, that's why there's an interim champ. He had an interview with Emelinko and he said that it would be a great fight and that the reason he left was because they(UFC) didn't ssign Emelianko the first time around. UFC doesn't have any good heavyweights better then before, Couture left, Silvia left, Arlovski hasn't fought in a long time. If they were expecting Lesnar to do good they didn't get what they were hopin for. Nog is the only legit Heavyweight, and Herring and Lesnar are allright.

Comment

Why would Fedor come to the UFC at this point with no one to fight? He already beat the UFC heavyweight champion and everyone else is leaving to fight him....or at least using that as an excuse.

Dana's going to have to put together a very, very different offer to Fedor or work on building some new heavyweight names, maybe through an Ultimate Fighter...

Comment

I guess when you think about who else is there to fight for Emelianko, just Nog who he's beat 2 times. Nogueira has the best conditioning in the UFC and a great chin to go with it, but there is no one else for Emelianko to fight after that. The UFC doesn't seem to want to put risk in their fighters by bringing him for a one night show because Dana doesn't want Emelianko to beat their best fighters and leave. I thought there were supposed to be Mega Shows where pride fighters would fight UFC fighters after UFC bought Pride but I guess that ain't happening.

Comment

Working...
                    X