No announcement yet.

When GGG hits You. You Stay Hit...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    you DO know that's vs Gerald McClellan right?
    Of course... Kronk "product"... Emanuel Steward, doe...
    (tragic career ending...)
    Last edited by MDPopescu; 09-28-2016, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
      Both Stevens and Lemieux landed some big left hooks on Golovkin.
      Name the best fighters they KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        Name the best fighters they KO'd.
        Why, you doubt that they are big punchers? Are you legally blind?

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
          Why, you doubt that they are big punchers? Are you legally blind?
          They aren't KOing anybody worth a shi.t

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            They aren't KOing anybody worth a shi.t
            Largely true but they are still very big punchers despite that.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Why does it have to be a generalization of "gg fans" as if all Golovkin fans think like OP?

I think there are two different types of power we're talking about here - explosive power and heavy hands. Julian Jackson probably had the most explosive KO power I've ever seen. It was not natural. Golovkin is probably the heaviest handed fighter I've seen in this current era of fighters, meaning it's a hard, thudding type of power that is essentially there in all of his punches. That translates more to a line OP made which I thought was good, when he said it's like you can see his opponents life bar drain. That's a pretty good description! Because of his Heavy hands, Golovkin typically wears his opponents down anywhere from a couple rounds to later rounds. Whereas Julian Jackson could literally KO any opponent at any given time with a single punch (which is of course is true one punch KO power). Golovkin doesn't typically one punch KO guys, he had of course, but on the higher levels of opponents it's typically going to be a result of accumulation.

Julian Jackson = scary one punch KO power.
              Golovkin = scary heavy handed power.

Different kinds of power. Both devastating nonetheless and both are pretty rare. What's even more rare is when someone is both, and to that I'd say Mike Tyson was both heavy handed AND had explosive one punch KO power. Now that was rare.
              Because it's GGG fans making a plethora of threads that are based on ridiculous lies, then celebrating the lies even after obvious facts are explained. I try to remember to add the descriptor "hardcore" ggg fans out of respect to folks such as yourself but neglected to this time.

I skimmed the rest and found most of it to be generally agreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                you DO know that's vs Gerald McClellan right?
                I was moving around about....didn't watch the video

Assumed he posted his loss to McCallum

He was long in the tooth by the time mcclellan
                Got to him

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Why does it have to be a generalization of "gg fans" as if all Golovkin fans think like OP?

I think there are two different types of power we're talking about here - explosive power and heavy hands. Julian Jackson probably had the most explosive KO power I've ever seen. It was not natural. Golovkin is probably the heaviest handed fighter I've seen in this current era of fighters, meaning it's a hard, thudding type of power that is essentially there in all of his punches. That translates more to a line OP made which I thought was good, when he said it's like you can see his opponents life bar drain. That's a pretty good description! Because of his Heavy hands, Golovkin typically wears his opponents down anywhere from a couple rounds to later rounds. Whereas Julian Jackson could literally KO any opponent at any given time with a single punch (which is of course is true one punch KO power). Golovkin doesn't typically one punch KO guys, he had of course, but on the higher levels of opponents it's typically going to be a result of accumulation.

Julian Jackson = scary one punch KO power.
                  Golovkin = scary heavy handed power.

Different kinds of power. Both devastating nonetheless and both are pretty rare. What's even more rare is when someone is both, and to that I'd say Mike Tyson was both heavy handed AND had explosive one punch KO power. Now that was rare.
                  I don't think there are different kinds of power per se. I think in the purest sense power is simply the force a punch generates and that can be scientifically measured although we will never know who generated more force between Jackson and Golovkin. What Jackson had in his arsenal over Golovkin was extremely fast hands and that was why he could regularly score the spectacular one punch knockouts. Jackson could land very forceful punches which his opponents just didn't anticipate, very often on the counter. Golovkin hasn'ty got that handspeed plus he also tends to go in defensive mode when his opponent is throwing unlike Jackson who saw his opponent punching as an opportunity for him to land the knockout blow.

Comment

I disagree on Julian Jackson, that guy had tremendous power, but I agree on the lifebar comparison. His punches seems to do damage that stays, like Stevens said he has that "wear you down power".

Comment

Remember Amar Amari who went 12 rounds with Golovkin?

Amari must be one of the greatest of all time.

Comment

Working...
                      X