Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sullivan Barrera Andre Ward's toughest opponent to date?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    I watched Sullivan he is easy for Ward, Froch lost to Ward because he abandoned his aggressive style and tried to play the technical game, its like when Gatti tried to box with Floyd you are bound to lose.

Sullivan will lose he is tentative and technical it takes someone who is aggressive and has high pressure and power in the clinch to beat him.

Too bad today not many fighters fight like that, its why the fighters from the 80s and 70s were so tough, you can watch old tape of some of these guys and many of them would lick guys like Ward, they had high pace, 15 rounds, combos, foot work, aggression, they came to fight even the guys who were not ranked in the top ten but edging on the top ten would probably be champs today.
    Sullivan looks good against fighters who are B level because Sullivan is a good fighter. But Ward does not fight to the level of his comp, he dominates guys that are good technically with decent power...Kessler for example. barrera is a little more technically sharp than kessler, Kessler was a litle more of an active puncher, neither guy has the pressure to cause Ward to make mistakes.

Barrera is bigger and is a great body puncher, that might make it interesting but I don't think so.

Comment

I can't believe how close the voting is. Barrera is nowhere near as good as this voting suggests. He's a solid opponent and a full LHW, but not even remotely the toughest test of Ward's career.

Comment

Working...
      X